This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Withdrawal processed by still didn't receive my funds

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Asaad M Member Since: Sep 2, 2011
I requested a withdrawal on 27th Nov and I still haven't received my funds, I got the withdrawal confirmation message the next day which obviously means nothing since on 28th Nov the banks were closed in the US. I've encountered the same problem receiving funds greater than 3000$, every time I make a transaction above it, the Odesk US bank holds the payments and awaits for further information before processing the withdrawal. And because of the stupid 10 working day waiting period, I'm requested by the support to wait for 10 days after they do anything. I would like to request any Odesk moderator to please prioritize my withdrawal of 27th Nov and ask the finance team to directly look into the bank since I've encountered the same problem quite a couple of times and I want them to stop messing with huge payments since that's what I earn. Doesn't matter which withdrawal method I use since the payment is going to be transferred from the Odesk US bank and they are the one that withhold big payments every time.
14 REPLIES 14
Frequent Visitor
Zeeshan J Member Since: Jan 9, 2010
Hi Asaad, Which Pakistani bank you are using to withdrawl and is it US$ dollar account or PKR ?
Frequent Visitor
I'm using bank Alfalah and it's great, I've never had a problem with it and they never stop my payments. I'm sure the other banks are good too but for me personally, bank Alfalah all the way. I've been withdrawing my money in PKR but just recently opened a foreign currency account and would be using it to withdraw next.
Frequent Visitor
It's been 20 days and still no sign of my withdrawal, the guy who is assigned to my ticket has also stopped replying, the last I spoke with him was on 12th December and I've been asking him for updates since then and he's not even replying. Well Done Odesk, Just well done.
Frequent Visitor
Mutee u Member Since: Nov 5, 2010
Perhaps this has something to do with the Christmas holidays? I hope you do receive the amount soon. I have had similar problems (though not from Odesk) with withdrawals at this particular time of the year.
Frequent Visitor
Hey guys, my bank found out the amount today and it seems that the problem was not from Odesk. My apologies Odesk for not trusting you guys, Odesk is one of the best place guys and it sure is trustworthy. One more thing I'd like to tell you guys. If you receive the message "Your payment has been processed" and if you don't receive the funds then the problem is from our banks.
Adeel I Member Since: Jul 3, 2010
I am also facing the same problem with my Bank Alfalah Local funds transfer. It's been over a month and there is still no money in my account. Can you please elaborate what you did that help the bank track/find your amount? Thanks
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
Hi Adeel, Please begin by checking your transactions page to see if the funds were sent back for reason. If you don't see them there, contact your local branch to confirm if your funds are being held for some reason. If not, you can contact Customer Support and request to initiate a trace on your funds as it has been well over 10 business days. I sincerely hope your funds are located soon!
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Adeel I Member Since: Jul 3, 2010
I wanted to know if you can provide me with a list of banks that support LFT. I am getting fed up with Bank Alfalah and all their nonsense and thinking of opening another account in another bank.
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
Hi Adeel, Please search the Pakistan subforum, there are a lot of threads with details on different banks along with comparisons on their service. Here are a few of the banks that I know of: ABL HBL MCB See the Pakistan forum, you'll get a lot of info there.
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...