This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Re: is there any Pakistani, using Upwork Client account for paying freelancers ?

Frequent Visitor
Mohsin Saeed A Member Since: Jan 12, 2015

Hi ,

I am strugling in setting payment method for my Client account. ( I want to hire and pay freeLancers) .  I tried regular debit ATM card (Master card supported) and activated all the sessions and stuffs by banks so it can be use for Upwork but still upwork is not accepting.

I would like to know, is there any Pakistani, using Upwork Client account for paying freelancers ? If yes please tell me how you doing it , what bank, credit card etc ?

Thanks

Mohsin

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi Mohsin,

Debit cards can't be used as a billing method on Upwork. A credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) is probably the best option in your case but please take a look at the acceptable billing methods.

Frequent Visitor
Sunil J Member Since: Sep 23, 2017

I'm having an issue adding a Visa credit card to hire and pay a freelancer.

Please note that it is a valid credit card, not a debit or prepaid card but when I add the details I get an error "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

I have spoken to my bank and have tried to add the card multiple times while being on the phone with them and they do not see any attempts being made to my card. They also let me know that they can't suggest anything since there is no attempt being made therefore there is no auth ID or error message that they receive.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Sunil