Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot login with Debian app

chawila
Oarabile C Member Since: Mar 22, 2020
1 of 5

It's been days now since i downloaded the App on my linux,

My account is connected to google, so i can use password to login anymore, but for unknown reseasons when i try to login with google it opens pop up then i put my email and password and then it just hang there with a blank screen till i closed it. 

Sometimes it login on the google side and then it says "one moment"  forever, sometimes it cannot even reach to google it just hang on Blank(white) window

Using Windows App everything works working fine. but with Linux (Ubuntu) pc it cannot login.

My Internet connection is working very well though (1.2Mb/s).

vgrigory
Vahagn G Member Since: Mar 22, 2020
2 of 5

exactly the same problem here. Downloaded Debian app today, no luck with google login :/

ulisesmedrano
Ulises M Member Since: Jun 11, 2019
3 of 5

I'm facing the same problem

kefkahacks
Stuart G Member Since: Feb 5, 2020
4 of 5
I figured this out the other day. But, unfortunately I forgot what the solution was. Security feature, I'm sure, tokens or cookies or whatever from other websites? Should be some logs in ~/.UpWork/
kefkahacks
Stuart G Member Since: Feb 5, 2020
BEST ANSWER
5 of 5
For now, login to the regular site and disconnect Google 1-Click Sign In, works for me. But, I swear there's another solution, whitelisting *.upwork.com or similar.
I strongly encourage you to use 2-factor authentication via your cell phone, either way.

View solution in original post