🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » 1 Milestone - Several submissions: Is that po...
Page options
anniebg
Community Member

1 Milestone - Several submissions: Is that possible?

Hi There,

My client has set a first milestone for me: due date is Tuesday, Feb. 16.

For convenience, and to make sure that the ball is rolling between me and my client, I would like to submit parts of the deliverables for this milestone on Sunday, Feb.14 and the remaining deliverables on, or prior to, Tuesday, Feb.16. I want to make it easy for my client to review my work and to provide me with the appropriate feedback.

My question: if I submit some of the deliverables this Sunday, Feb. 14, will I still be able to add the other deliverables on, or prior, to Tuesday, Feb. 16 for that same milestone? I can see a "submit deliverables button" next to the milestone, but I don't know if I will be able to click on it twice, meaning on Feb. 14 AND on Feb. 16 with the corresponding deliverables.

Could you please let me know if such a thing is doable, or if I need to ask my client to create a milestone on Feb. 14 or 15?

Also (very important), I am in the USA, and my client is in Germany, there is an 8-hour time difference. What would a Feb.14 milestone mean? That I need to submit before the end of the day (Feb.14) in Germany, or can I consider that I can submit the work by EOD in the USA (meaning, most likely, Feb. 15 in Germany)? I am pretty sure that my client won't mind the time difference (he is a night owl), but I don't know whether UpWork "blocks" any submission as soon as the day is over (and again, what is the definition of the date / day in an international context?). Would you have any information?

Thank you so much!

Best,

Anne-Lise

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can only be paid once per milestone (not counting bonuses), so you should wait until the work for that milestone is completed before you formally submit it. Of course there's nothing to stop you submitting partial work informally, attached to chat or email. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Due date does not matter to Upwork system. Just a text string to look at. It could say "orange" or "iguana."

Upwork does not use it.

It only has meaning if it means something to client and freelancer.

You can only be paid once per milestone (not counting bonuses), so you should wait until the work for that milestone is completed before you formally submit it. Of course there's nothing to stop you submitting partial work informally, attached to chat or email. 

Thank you Richard! Everything is clear.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths