cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 st contract is fixed price - How to increase reputation?

Teymur A Member Since: Oct 25, 2016
1 of 9

Hi, i'm new here on upwork, but i was lucky to get first job really fast. 

Thats long term - Social Media Management project with fixed-price. 

I'd like to go for another big projects but as i understand my rating is zero (until i complete 7-8 jobs)

I tried to find easy and quick jobs, but for some reasons many of them didn't respond at all...

I'm monitoring proposal state - 0 interviewing, that means people just post their jobs and don't hire anybody. 

Is there any way to filter proposals, find better once not to spend time on "soap bubbles"

Best of luck to all freelancers Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Nia G Member Since: May 3, 2016
BEST ANSWER
2 of 9

While you are monitoring proposals that have already been submitted, you could be submitting more new ones. Generally, only a small percentage of your proposals will get a response, so it's best not to waste too much energy checking back on them. Just submit to anything for which you might be a good fit and move on. 

3 of 9

Maybe you're right, probably i'm taking each proposal to serious and waiting at least : YES or NO  

Community Guru
Nia G Member Since: May 3, 2016
4 of 9

Well, of course you should make sure that the quality of each proposal is as good as possible. However, after you've finished a proposal, shift your focus to the next one. 

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 9

I don't think rushing it is a good strategy. You inevitably wind up taking some low rent job that turns into a nightmare client.

6 of 9

Then i'd like to hear your opinion (better strategy)

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 9

Target jobs that are specific to your expertise. It takes some time to get used to who is a joker and who is a legit client. The low rent people with high expectations are nightmares.

If you target good clients, before you know it you have a long list of repeat customers that keep you fed and you only have to bid on new projects a couple times a week (I try to bid at least a few times in the week but admit some weeks I'm not up for the battle)

8 of 9

Thanks, well i'm not looking for other jobs directly (only can accept incoming proposals if i find it usefull for me)
And what you think about which grade should be set ($, $$, $$$) i'm experienced professional, confident but new to upwork. 

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
9 of 9

Yes, you can apply filters. Oh your "find jobs" page, you can set up search parameters and then save those searches.

Screen shot 2016-10-25 at 3.41.02 PM.png