Naveed T Member Since: Jan 11, 2017
1 of 11

when we submit a propsol my 2 connects are detected i am new on upwork

Highlighted
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 11

It doesn't matter if you're new or not. All posts require two connects to submit a proposal unless it's an invitation to interview and that costs none. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Naveed T Member Since: Jan 11, 2017
3 of 11

Thanks

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Anna K Member Since: Dec 29, 2016
4 of 11

@Katrina B

Not all listings require 2 connects to submit a proposal. Depending on the parameters of the project, it may require 1 to 5 connects (but indeed, most projects I've seen and applied for, require 2).

In regards to connects and interview invitations, I am sure no connects are spent once we receive/accept/decline them. I've checked my Connects History and I haven't been charged for any of the interviews I've been invited to apply for.

Additionally, if a job listing for which a freelancer has submitted a proposal, is canceled, all spent tokens/connects return to the freelancer's account and are available to use within the billing cycle (unless it's a membership plan, then, there's a roll-over to the remained tokens. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
5 of 11

@Anna K wrote:

@Katrina B

Not all listings require 2 connects to submit a proposal. Depending on the parameters of the project, it may require 1 to 5 connects (but indeed, most projects I've seen and applied for, require 2).

In regards to connects and interview invitations, I am sure no connects are spent once we receive/accept/decline them. I've checked my Connects History and I haven't been charged for any of the interviews I've been invited to apply for.

Additionally, if a job listing for which a freelancer has submitted a proposal, is canceled, all spent tokens/connects return to the freelancer's account and are available to use within the billing cycle (unless it's a membership plan, then, there's a roll-over to the remained tokens. 

I stated invitations don't cost any connects.  But I have never seen a post cost anything more or less than two connects so I have to disagree. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Highlighted
Community Guru
Amy T Member Since: Jan 31, 2013
6 of 11

At this point, any job that you apply for are 2 connects.

As noted before, no connects are used if the client invites you to apply to their job.

You only receive your connects back IF the job has been canceled by the client.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
7 of 11

@Katrina B  Of course, you correctly stated that no tokens are taken once an invitation to interview is initiated by the client. My fault, I misread your statement, apologies on that.

@Amy T Can you please explain what you mean by "At this point, any job that you apply for are 2 connects."? What is the point/parameter that places me in the two connects' category? I have applied to 69 jobs so far and I was at all times requested to spend two connects to submit my proposals, so it would be really nice if you could shred some light...like, at what point should I expect to be charged 1,3,4 or 5 connects for an application.

The Upwork Help Centre only states that most proposals require two connects but in general, proposals require anywhere from one to five tokens.

Thanks beforehand

Highlighted
Community Guru
Amy T Member Since: Jan 31, 2013
8 of 11

Anna,

I am unclear what you are referring to when you say that any job you apply for takes 1 to 5 tokens.

Each job you apply for takes just 2 connects.

Upwork has stated that in the future the amount of connects may change per job listing. 

I am am wondering if you are mixing Upwork up with another site.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
9 of 11

Not sure if this is a url from upwork community or I'm mixing sites....

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062898-Use-Connects#sm.000ow4cxmbq6efb11wx2e7c0x941z

....All other proposals require anywhere from one to five Connects, depending on factors such as the size and type of project. Most proposals require two Connects.....

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
10 of 11

Hi Anna,

I can confirm other user's comments that currently proposals for all jobs on Upwork require two Connects. This might change in the future but I don't have any information or ETA regarding the possible update.