🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: 20 proposals and no hire
Page options
konradgxp
Community Member

20 proposals and no hire

Hey guys.

I'm new to Upwork and wanted to say hi as well as ask you about something.
So I sent around 20 proposals already and I never got an invitation/interview except for one time when a client messaged me to inform me I am not fit for the job. Did anyone get any tips? I really need projects for my portfolio and experience.

Best regards,

Konrad

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Konrad, 

It seems that you are still at school.  You have to be 18 years old to have an account on Upwork.  My suggestion is to finish your studies - and then try again. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Konrad G wrote:

Hey guys.

I'm new to Upwork and wanted to say hi as well as ask you about something.
So I sent around 20 proposals already and I never got an invitation/interview except for one time when a client messaged me to inform me I am not fit for the job. Did anyone get any tips? I really need projects for my portfolio and experience.

Best regards,

Konrad

Sending 20 proposals without being hired is not unusual at all; it happens even to the most qualified freelancers. And since it looks like you have no formal qualifications or work experience of any kind, realistically, you're going to have even more difficulties than most new freelancers do. Do you have any skills that you can offer besides translation?

Honestly, I can only offer translation and transcription, I am in the progress of taking marketing courses now too but I won't be qualified for it for some time.

Konrad, 

It seems that you are still at school.  You have to be 18 years old to have an account on Upwork.  My suggestion is to finish your studies - and then try again. 

And also I understand that because I have no work experience and such I have very low chances to be accepted, but how can I get work experience if I won't get hired?

Konrad G wrote:

And also I understand that because I have no work experience and such I have very low chances to be accepted, but how can I get work experience if I won't get hired?

If you are still at school, your experience is likely to be minimal. I would suggest that you finish your education, and then get some real work experience in the real world, so that you have something to offer. Clients on the whole (unless they offer training) do not wish to be treated like guinea pigs. They want people who know what they are doing. 

felex_kemboi
Community Member

same case applies to me here.Anybody to guide me on how I can write my proposal well?

Hi Felex,

Submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or get a chance to be interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. You may check our Resource Corner and find some excellent topics there:

Submitting a Winning Proposal on Upwork

Make Your Freelancer Profile More Visible & Appealing

Enhance Your Freelancer Profile for Greater Success

When you apply for jobs, make sure your proposal is well written and that you're absolutely qualified and certain of your ability to complete the job you're applying for.
~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths