Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30+ proposals no serious offers

Highlighted
Victoria R Member Since: Jul 8, 2019
1 of 13

Hello, fellow Upwork professionals. 

I have been on Upwork for around 2 weeks and I have sent over 30 proposals with covers letters, a good description of why I am suitable for the job and suitable rates for the project I am applying. Any advice on how I can get my first offer? I do have a well-written profile as well as verified information. I also have applied for around 2-4 jobs daily, depending on interest and Upwork qualifications and portfolio with examples. Any recommendations for reaching out more effectively? 

Best regards,

Victoria 

MD. JAHANGIR S Member Since: Nov 5, 2018
2 of 13

Hello Victoria

Try to write a good covers letters with your working experience and also give a short description of your skill and expertise. As my experience please stay online and wait for the client's response. And also add more portfilio on your profile.

Thanks

Jahangir

Barbara L Member Since: May 7, 2015
3 of 13

You have my sympathy.  I have been working on Upwork/oDesk since 2012 and have done hundreds of jobs and suddenly I find myself in your shoes as well. I find the rating system convoluted almost incomprehensible, and the new $30 to post a job/up to 6 connects to apply for a job system a complete mess. Having spoken with other freelancers over the years and my own experience, my opinion continues to be that many clients want something for nothing. Every once in a while you come across a truly great client and I've had my share, but my sense is that this new system is not good for anyone but the person (people) at the very very top of Upwork. And why take away the skill tests? How can they become unnecessary when they prove your areas of expertise and competence? All I can say to you is keep trying. The field is getting crowded, but eventually you will prevail if you are skilled in your field.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 13

Barbara L wrote:

... the new $30 to post a job

the what?

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
5 of 13

Petra R wrote:

Barbara L wrote:

... the new $30 to post a job

the what?

We should show this to all the people who moan because they think Upwork should make clients pay to post jobs :-)

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Barbara L Member Since: May 7, 2015
6 of 13
I'm also a client, and I received notification that to post a job now the fee is $29.99 ($30). If you're an agency, the fee is $400+ per month.
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 13

Barbara L wrote:
I'm also a client, and I received notification that to post a job now the fee is $29.99 ($30). If you're an agency, the fee is $400+ per month.

Only if you want to use one of the more plans, surely?

Upwork Basic should still be free?

Plan_Comparison__LG_

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
8 of 13

Barbara L wrote:

It's $30 to post a Featured job, right? You can post regular jobs free of charge.

Ace Contributor
Michelle T Member Since: Mar 28, 2018
9 of 13

When I first started, it took me a few weeks to find a job. What I did was apply for a small, quick turnaround project. Once you complete a contract and get a good rating, it will be easier to find more work. You just need the experience. That first client actually led to many more projects so that's also a bonus!

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
10 of 13

Victoria R wrote:

Hello, fellow Upwork professionals. 

I have been on Upwork for around 2 weeks and I have sent over 30 proposals with covers letters, a good description of why I am suitable for the job and suitable rates for the project I am applying. Any advice on how I can get my first offer? I do have a well-written profile as well as verified information. I also have applied for around 2-4 jobs daily, depending on interest and Upwork qualifications and portfolio with examples. Any recommendations for reaching out more effectively? 

Best regards,

Victoria 

Well, I don't know what a document reviewer is... proofreading? Editing? So I'm not sure what jobs you apply to. Meanwhile, your profile needs a good spellcheck, unless baking fraud is thing in Sweden...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS