🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: 5-day security period for fixed-price pro...
Page options
daniil-mikheev
Community Member

5-day security period for fixed-price projects

Hello. I just wanna ask why has upwork created 5-day security period for fixed-price projects?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No, clients can't return anything. It's a extra security step so money isn't being laundered or stolen or hacked. If someone would use upwork for the wrong reasons, upwork has 5 days to stop that. Since once the money is gone - it's gone.

This has nothing to do with the average freelancer. It's just that 'bad' people have a harder time abusing the system.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Daniil M wrote:

Hello. I just wanna ask why has upwork created 5-day security period for fixed-price projects?

Loss prevention

During this time, the client can somehow return this money? I had a dispute, as a result of which the funds passed to me, because the client didn't respond.

No, clients can't return anything. It's a extra security step so money isn't being laundered or stolen or hacked. If someone would use upwork for the wrong reasons, upwork has 5 days to stop that. Since once the money is gone - it's gone.

This has nothing to do with the average freelancer. It's just that 'bad' people have a harder time abusing the system.

Thank you! That's what I need.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths