🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » 60+ profile pictures, not a single one accept...
Page options
nickbotic
Community Member

60+ profile pictures, not a single one accepted. This is ridiculous.

Just like the title says. How is it that not a single picture works? They have all been standard "passport photos". The one that did actually allow me to continue, arbitrarily uploaded sideways, thus rendering it unnacceptable. This is beyond frustrating, and very offputting.

11 REPLIES 11
petra_r
Community Member

strip the meta data from the picture it allowed you to upload and try again.

Alternatively, attach the picture you want to use (nice clear shot with eyes open) to this post and someone might fix it for you 🙂

kvs3rd
Community Member

I had the same problem.  I think it may have something to do with the lighting in the picture.  If it is not very bright in the picture it has problems "recognizing your face."  It also seems to be important to have the picture be fairly zoomed in on your head and high resolution.  Hope that helps!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nick,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this caused you. I shared this with the team and they will reach out to you directly in order to assist you further.  Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

It keeps showing the attached error message every time I try to upload the attached profile picture. I have followed all the trouble shooting tips and it is a picture of me. Please help me understand what I am doing wrong. I am getting frustrated.

Error MessageError MessagePhoto Upload screenPhoto Upload screenOriginal PhotoOriginal Photo

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Carrie,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
yitwail
Community Member

I already tried to help another FL with the exact same problem, in this thread,

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Profile-Picture-Fails-to-Properly-Upload/td-p/496953
and received no acknowledgment of my answer, but as I wrote then, you can use this site to strip metadata from a photo:

https://www.verexif.com/en/

but once that's done, it may be necessary to rotate the photo, which you can do with an app or this site:

https://pinetools.com/rotate-image

Guys, we are simply trying to upload a picture of our face. From a logical, rational perspective... why is Upwork making one of the easiest things to accomplish in 2018 such a strenuous venture? The answer is obvious. I am attempting to not address the elephant in the room... however, I can say with dissipating positivity, that this problem needs to be resolved on Upwork's end. Not through sheer persistance and determination from the customer's end, with the singular goal of not being robbed of our money. Thanks for the input 'gurus', but it is a poor attempt at solving a glaring issue.

Steven, in case you're unaware, 'gurus' don't work for Upwork, only moderators do, so this is a problem beyond the capability of gurus to fix, and all they can do is offer workarounds. Given that this problem has existed for years, some freelancers might prefer a workaround, inconvenient as that might be, to waiting for Upwork to resolve it to their satisfaction.

Thanks for clarifying, I mean no disrespect to the individuals who are genuinely trying to help. I wish to direct my input to Upwork directly, but they are adamant about sending me here. The frustration levels are immense and only compounding as the days pass with no resolution.

Every time I have uploaded my profile picture it seems to be inverted in some way.

I've tried to invert my picture before uploading it but the same thing happens.

Not really sure how I can fix this problem.

Edward, give this site a try. I haven't used it myself, because I'm a developer so I have better methods for doing the same thing, but your images probably have exif metadata which messes up the orientation and this site *should* strip it. After it does so, you should rotate the image if needed then try uploading it to Upwork again.

https://www.verexif.com/en/

Learning Paths