» Forums » New to Upwork » A client wants to invite me to Upwork
Page options
zunaira_ashfaq
Community Member

A client wants to invite me to Upwork

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "A client wants to invite me to Upwork. Will I be able to bid on other projects?"

Answer: No.

Being brought in by a client only allows you to work for that client.

To bid on other projects, you would need to apply to work as a freelancer just like anyone else.

Thanks for your response. In the article I shared, it says in the section benefits of joining Upwork "

• Find additional work with global companies; with hundreds of thousands of active clients, finding new work has never been easier

"

@ Zunaira -- Right. Good point. But... (1) Some of what you have quoted falls under the legal definition of "puffery." (Not really to be taken literally. Not binding.)  And (2) The ponies and rainbows, promised in the section that you quote, appear and trot up to you only after you "join Upwork," which is a process that involves Upwork approving your profile. "Joining" is not as simple as your [unilaterally] entering into this relationship, in the same way that you might "join" a health club or a Girl Scout troop.

You're reading and quoting things written by marketing people.

I love marketing people. I think they are great. I think what they do is important and beneficial to the companies they work for.

But things written by marketing people have a specific purpose. And that purpose is not always to be "accurate" or to "convey the whole picture."

There was a time when Upwork let anybody sign up as a freelancer. That time ended a few years ago.

Isn't it fortuitous that a client wants to invite you to Upwork right after your profile was rejected?

I mean, seriously, what great timing!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths