🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » A company is hiring me and wants me to share ...
Page options
lindafl
Community Member

A company is hiring me and wants me to share information via Skype

PLease read our chat via skype attached. Is this correct? Should I offer my information via skype?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

No, you should not. It's a terms of service violation for you to communicate off the platform before a contract is in place. Your messages from the client have all the usual red flags of a common scam here - there's no job, they just want to send you a fake check and steal your money. Flag the job as inappropriate and Upwork will refund your connects.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

No, you should not. It's a terms of service violation for you to communicate off the platform before a contract is in place. Your messages from the client have all the usual red flags of a common scam here - there's no job, they just want to send you a fake check and steal your money. Flag the job as inappropriate and Upwork will refund your connects.

Thank you

Hi Linda,

Christine is right. All communications should be done on Upwork before a contract is placed. If you see a job that seems suspicious, you can report it to us using the flagging option. You can read more on this help article and also, please check out Tips to avoid questionable jobs. You might also want to check out the information here to learn more about staying safe on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths