🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: A job you submitted a proposal to was clo...
Page options
herguz2018
Community Member

A job you submitted a proposal to was closed. What will happen with my 2,4 or 6 connects spent ?

Greetings, dear community.
To my email this notice comes frequently:
"A job you submitted to a proposal to be closed"
My question is, will I get back the connects that I spent to make my job offer?

16 REPLIES 16
wescowley
Community Member

It depends on why it is closed.

You'll get the connects back if it's closed for TOS violation or if client closes without hiring.

If it closes because it expired, whether or not there was a hire, you will not get connects back.

I have further questions about this new message that I'm also getting on a regular basis.

1.  Does the message mean that when I submitted my proposal that the job was already closed?  I hope Upwork would default so that this could not happen but just want to be sure.

2.  What good does this message do us if be can't click on the message to find out WHICH job it was that was closed?  Short of that, it's a pretty useless message that doesn't help me in any way.

Thanks

1) No - you should get an error if you click submit on the proposal and it's already closed.

2) There should be a link to your proposal in the email.  But to me, it's rarely useful to go back to see what job it was.

Thanks Wes.  I'm set up to only receive emails about job offers so I don't get an email about the closed jobs.  I think it should be as simple as clicking on the message to see which job it was.

Randy M wrote:

I have further questions about this new message that I'm also getting on a regular basis.

1.  Does the message mean that when I submitted my proposal that the job was already closed?  I hope Upwork would default so that this could not happen but just want to be sure.

2.  What good does this message do us if be can't click on the message to find out WHICH job it was that was closed?  Short of that, it's a pretty useless message that doesn't help me in any way.

Thanks

I agree it's a useless message. I think it's best to disable those. 

Agreed.

Wes, when does a job listing expire?

Will, I think it's around 30 days.

You can check all these "job closed" notifications in your archives, to see which job it was.  

Thanks Nichola.  I tried all of the dropdown menus on the main page and don't see "archives" anywhere.  Where would I find those?

Randy M wrote:

Thanks Nichola.  I tried all of the dropdown menus on the main page and don't see "archives" anywhere.  Where would I find those?

It's not that obvious. Go to the "Find Work" menu and then click on " My Proposals" You will see "active" (in green probably) and "archived". Click on that.  

OK, thanks !

This is a new message that was never sent before and as far as I can tell, it is completely useless.  Please think about going back to not sending out this message.

Randy M wrote:

This is a new message that was never sent before and as far as I can tell, it is completely useless.  Please think about going back to not sending out this message.

Is this another message other than the one the OP posted about?

If it expired why don't we get the connects back?

maboye
Community Member

then, how do I know the jobs are closed by the reasons you have mentioned?

because, to this day, I have applied to tons of jobs that have closed, and tons of jobs that say I will be refunded if not hired, and received 0 connects refunded so far. zero.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths