Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little bit of help with my Upwork profile

Highlighted
Brandon D Member Since: Jan 6, 2017
1 of 14

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to see if someone that does virtual assisstant jobs to take a look at my profile and see if its good. Im new with freelancing and being a virtual assistant so i just want to make sure everything looks good.

I appreciate the time and hope to talk to you guys soon.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 14

how on earth u gonna live on 6 bucks an hour in washington? Isn't washington expensive?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
3 of 14

Raise your hourly rate for sure and remove "data entry" as that's a magnet for scammers.

Highlighted
4 of 14

Other then that does this look good?

Highlighted
5 of 14

Yes it is! haha is it okay to raise it being new? and what would be a reasonable price per hour?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 14

Geography is irrelevant. There is nothing wrong with charging $6/hour if that is what one's labor is worth.

A freelancer earns more money working some jobs at $6/hr than zero jobs at $20/hr.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 14

Geography is absolutely relevant, pal. Try living on $6/hour in san francisco or NYC. Let's be real.

Highlighted
8 of 14
Oh no kidding! Especially now that Washington state raised minimum wage to $15 a hour. And housing is still impossible at that wage.
Highlighted
Brandon D Member Since: Jan 9, 2017
9 of 14
So my profile got approved. I want to make sure my profile looks good, I don't have a portfolio yet( I'm working on that).

I was also wondering when I talk about my skills should I do like a bullet style or keep it the way I have it?

Thanks for the feedback guys.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
10 of 14

You have a lot of spelling errors, as well as capitalization issues.