🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » A question for contact and rules
Page options
9ff2d9fb
Community Member

A question for contact and rules

Hello everyone, client asked a design for catalog. For first he asked an example I created and after he liked and send contract. After we had meeting. He was asking design for more pages. And different designs for every category. I designed 2 times but he didn't like both. After we canceled contract. According to Upwork rules is it okay? or he could pay me for my works?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Elif,

Upwork Fixed-Price Protection uses escrow to help ensure that your clients get the work they've asked for and you get paid for work completed. Under this program, clients making fixed-price offers deposit a milestone payment into escrow before you begin working. Upon receiving and approving the work, your client releases the payment to you.

If the client is not satisfied with your work they can end the contract with funds in escrow and request an escrow refund. However, it is up to you to decide if approving that refund is the right thing to do, and if not, communicate with the client to reach a mutual agreement on how to proceed. In this case, it looks like the funds were in escrow and you've already approved the client's request for a refund. 

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Elif,

Upwork Fixed-Price Protection uses escrow to help ensure that your clients get the work they've asked for and you get paid for work completed. Under this program, clients making fixed-price offers deposit a milestone payment into escrow before you begin working. Upon receiving and approving the work, your client releases the payment to you.

If the client is not satisfied with your work they can end the contract with funds in escrow and request an escrow refund. However, it is up to you to decide if approving that refund is the right thing to do, and if not, communicate with the client to reach a mutual agreement on how to proceed. In this case, it looks like the funds were in escrow and you've already approved the client's request for a refund. 

~Andrea
Upwork
9ff2d9fb
Community Member

Yes, I accepted this refund but this would be my first job at Upwork. I just wanted to ask. Thanks a lot!

9ff2d9fb
Community Member

Yes, I accepted this refund but this would be my first job at Upwork. I just wanted to ask. Thanks a lot!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths