🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » A reminder, not a question
Page options
heidi23
Community Member

A reminder, not a question

Due to corona virus, most of us lose their jobs or their beloved and others lose both, I’m really sorry for that and wish that I could change the situation for me and for everyone but we have to live and adapt to the fact that nothing will be the same again.
Searching for alternative, I decide to join freelancing world, all I know about this world that you find a job, you make the deal, do the job and get paid, simple steps you follow to be a millionaire with some buttons and clicks but when I joined I found that this is not the case at all.
You must make a great effort to do your best, to be different and unique and to be noticed by the clients. As a new member, I wonder why the clients don’t choose me, I know that I’m good enough, yes, you know that about you but as a client I’ve like more than 20 application, I need to check them to choose the best one with a low price, so If I found what I want in application number 15 and your application is number 16, It doesn’t mean that you’re not good, it means that this project is not for you, don’t give up and keep looking.
Your chance will come sooner or later, that’s why you’re here just be patient and don’t let anything makes you down. Consider your searching for a job time as a learning time, improve your skills or learn a new one, know more details about the apps or the websites, you’ll be working on it, when it’s your time to work you’ll be ready, don’t take this time as a break and waste it.
I wrote this as a reminder for myself that I’m good enough, I can do the job, I’ll get paid & I’ll be happy soon, I believe in myself, It’s just that my moment doesn’t come yet.
I've put it here because we're all in the same boat and whenever you feel down, read it to know that you're not alone.
For whoever will read that, I wish you good luck.

1 REPLY 1
avirockx007
Community Member

Great! Just stay motivated & don't lose hope. You'll get yourself there where you fit yourself easily. The roads are not easy & are very complicated. We all face hardships in our lives, the main idea is to stay focused & determined. 

Hopefully, we all will have a good one! 🙂

Awais N.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths