🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: ASSISTANCE NEEDED REGARDING PAYMENT ISSUE...
Page options
01fb27f2
Community Member

ASSISTANCE NEEDED REGARDING PAYMENT ISSUES AND CLARIFICATION

Let me start with amount as a round figure,

1. I started a fixed price contract where the amount was decided 550 and I gave two milestones, 300 and 250 simultaneously. The contract was started 18th May. At the beginning, it showed that the upwork fees will be 20% for first 500 and 10% for the rest. On 21st May I completed the first milestone and requested 400 and client paid that. So at the contract section it showed the contract upgraded to 650. Now when I am going to check GET PAID section, It is showing that I have upwork balance 240 with a deduction of 20% service fees from 300. I am not getting this point. If client paid 400, then after deducting 20%, 320 should be shown. Kindly clarify me that.

2. If Upwork deducted 20% from this initial milestone, will upwork deduct the same 20% from the rest?

3. While one contract runs with fixed price, then is it possible to upgrade contract. As an example, if one fixed price contract has been started with 100, then is it possible to make it 120 or 110 during the work progress?

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Sankalan wrote:

Now when I am going to check GET PAID section, It is showing that I have upwork balance 240 with a deduction of 20% service fees from 300. I am not getting this point. If client paid 400, then after deducting 20%, 320 should be shown. Kindly clarify me that.

Yes, the remaining $ 100 will become available a day later. You'll find them under Reports > Pending . That's because the $ 300 were already in Escrow, the remaining $ 100 ($ 80 after fees) had to be charged so generally clear a day later)

Sankalan wrote:

2. If Upwork deducted 20% from this initial milestone, will upwork deduct the same 20% from the rest?

They will take 20% of the first $ 100 of the new milestone, and 10% of the rest

Sankalan wrote:

3. While one contract runs with fixed price, then is it possible to upgrade contract. As an example, if one fixed price contract has been started with 100, then is it possible to make it 120 or 110 during the work progress?

No, but any new milestone can be made bigger or smaller or additional milestones added at will

01fb27f2
Community Member

Thank you for your assistance I will check that.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths