🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » About Pending proposal (seems to be wastage o...
Page options
md_rizaur
Community Member

About Pending proposal (seems to be wastage of connects)

In every month I got, 60 connects. Generally I can say I will be able to apply 30 jobs a month. But in this month I applied a lot.

But most of my jobs are unanswered. Some of the jobs author (clients), didn't interview any one. Some are interview some one(s) but didn't hire any one.
Actually I think, it is about wastage of connect. What should I do to avoid such situation. Before posting this issue, I have 10+ job proposal pending. No one is hired for 10+ jobs. It is not only my problem but also most of the freelancers face such situation.
** Isn't there any solution to avoid such situation mostly ?

Another thing is about, can't I apply as much as I have connects ?
for example: Can't I waste 60 connects within 20 days ?
** if I spend 60 connects within 20 days/30days, any wrong impact will be faced my account ?

** If I withdraw a job which has hire freelancer, then any wrong will be impacted in my acount by upwork/client for future dealing ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
joanbonjoc
Community Member

Hi Md,

Connects are used in submitting proposals. If the client initiates contact by inviting you to bid or sending you an offer, you won't need to use any Connects. Your connects will update in the beginning of each billing cycle. You can check your Connects History by clicking the Reports tab> Connects History. You can always upgrade to Membership Plus should you wish to get more connects. Learn more on this article. Here's a helpful article on how you can budget your connects too.

Please also check this link on how you can Enhance your Profile.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
ghardin26
Community Member

I share this frustration!  After 2 months of submitting proposals to over 50 prospective clients, I never even get a response.  And only 3 out of those have even cacnel or closed the job and released my connects back.  It seems to me, that since I only have 60 connects available to use and that it appears that I have to "waste" the majority of that on non responsive clients, that UpWork needs to set some standards and requirments that the client MUST either hire for the job and close it at that point OR the job automatically closes and returns our connects after, say 14 days.  With a lot of jobs getting 15-20 proposals, it seems that the client, if they were really serious about hiring could have made a decision in that time. 

I take my job seriously and when I submit a proposal to a client, I do not think it is out of line to either get a no thank you response, a request to hire or the job to be pulled in a reasonable amount of time.  My time is valuable and if I make a serious, professional attempt to secure a job, the client should also be serious and professional in the response. 

What I am beginning to see is that there are a LOT of flakey clients putting up flakey/bogus jobs, carrying on some discussions with prospective freelancers and then cheerypicking that knowledge to either fix their problem for free, making side deals with the freelancer outside of UpWork (yep, not in compliance with Upworks guidelines, but how do you stop it?) or posting the job on multiple freelance site/craigslist and then hiring elsewhere and forgetting about this one. 

Really UpWork, what would be the problem of setting an expiration date on jobs that releases the connects back?  The client can always have the option to extend if they truly have not been able to fill the job after 2 weeks.  A little support for the freelancers in this way would be really good.  After all, if there were none of us to do the work, you would not have clients to pay you.  You take a percentage of our fees and from where I stand, I don't see a lot of benefit for that fee.

Sir, I agree with you. Upwork should change policy for freelancer. We the freelancers face such problem greatly.
I think, upwork should make a function so that a client has to hire a freelancer for his/her job within 14 days. Otherwise the client's proposal will be automatic withdrawn & the connects freelancer spend for that job will be added.

I hope upwork will be more concentrate on the freelancers.  Because we h ave to accpet upwork makes a platform for outsourcing, but we also pay upwork from our earnings. So why we don't hope for better facility from upwork ?

Thanks.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths