🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » About Rising Talent
Page options
damarys-holanda
Community Member

About Rising Talent

Hi Everyone,

Please guys, I would like to know why I'm nothing a rising talent freelancer until now? I've had my first finished job, but still without this title, so please, could someone help me to understand this? Thank you very much.

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Damarys,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Bojan
Upwork
dsmgdesign
Community Member

Hi, Damarys, 

Welcome to Upwork's Community Discussion. I would first point out that your profile is not public, so it's difficult to provide insight with just your question alone. If your profile isn't set this way by intent, I suggest reaching out to customer service. Upwork does make profiles privarte if you haven't had any earnings, so if that's the case with you, your profile should become public after you make your earnings. 

But back to your question, there are other criteria to get to Rising Talent Status besides just finishing your first job. You need to make sure your profile is 100% complete, you need to get great reviews/ratings from the clients, you need to take the Upwork Readiness Test, etc. Here's a good article on the subject: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Become-a-Rising-Talent.

I actually just received Rising Talent status, but it took several months and 4 completed proojects, all with 5-star ratings, before I got an invitation. I have also been very diligent about sending proposals to jobs that I know I'm a good fit for, and accept interview inivitations within 24 hrs. 

Good luck! 

petra_r
Community Member

@Damarys H wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Please guys, I would like to know why I'm nothing a rising talent freelancer until now? I've had my first finished job

"You" didn't "have your first finished job." Someone else did that job, presumably, considering that you surely didn't do a German to English translation.

I think you and your "colleagues" who use the same "recommendations" on your profiles may want to familiarise yourselves with the concept of an Upwork agency and the site's terms of service.

If you let someone else do a job you are hired for, and the quality is poor, it is YOUR profile that takes the hit, by the way.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths