🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » About preferred qualifications
Page options
siblyalam
Community Member

About preferred qualifications

Hello There,

Sometimes I found jobs with my expertise but in the Preferred qualifications are I can see the red mark. Can I avoid this and apply for the job? Is it good or bad? Please see the image below for better understanding. 

Thank you in advance

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Md Mejbahul,

You don't have to avoid these jobs. You can still submit your proposal if you are interested in the job. It is still up to the client to decide whom they will hire for the job.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Md Mejbahul,

You don't have to avoid these jobs. You can still submit your proposal if you are interested in the job. It is still up to the client to decide whom they will hire for the job.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you very much Joanne for your quick response but is there any possibility to report my account by the client if I ignore his/her criteria and apply for the job?

- Mejbahul

Hi Md Mejbahul, 

While any Upwork user is able to flag a profile as described here, there isn't an option for a client to report a freelancer specifically for applying to a job without meeting preferences.

The best practice is to send targeted, well-written proposal only to the jobs you're sure you have the necessary skills and qualifications to complete.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths