🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Accepted proposal - no contract yet
Page options
slpopek
Community Member

Accepted proposal - no contract yet

Client accepted my proposal and sent the product but has not created a contract? I am new, so not sure what protocol should be.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@Sharon P wrote:

Client accepted my proposal and sent the product but has not created a contract? I am new, so not sure what protocol should be.

When you say the client accepted your proposal, what do you mean?

Is there a contract on your My Jobs page?

or Is there an OFFER on your Proposals page?

If not, tell your client:

Hi Jack / Jane,

Great, thanks for sendig XYZ, as discussed I can get that done for you by Saturday.

I'm really excited to get started with it, so if you could just go ahead and complete the hiring process so I can begin with the work, that would be great.

Regards,

Me

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

@Sharon P wrote:

When you say the client accepted your proposal, what do you mean?

Is there a contract on your My Jobs page?

or Is there an OFFER on your Proposals page?

If not, tell your client:

Hi Jack / Jane,

Great, thanks for sendig XYZ, as discussed I can get that done for you by Saturday.

I'm really excited to get started with it, so if you could just go ahead and complete the hiring process so I can begin with the work, that would be great.

Regards,

Me

slpopek
Community Member

Thank you! I will send him a note.

Sharon P

kat303
Community Member

Sharon -Even though you have have the files do NOT start work until these three things are completed

1. The client has a VERIFIED account

2 The client has sent you a CONTRACT

3 If it's a fixed rate job, escrow is FULLY funded either for the entire job or for each milestone as they come up before you start working on the requirements of the job/milestone no matter what the client may tell you, promise you or how convincing they may be.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths