🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Accepting this profile
Page options
95acb348
Community Member

Accepting this profile

Hello, can you please check this profile and accept it?

He has updated with new skills, new portfolio items and new info.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~012288c4b91dd839ca

We really can't understand why the profile has been refused since he is a trustworthy professional and recommended worldwide.

Please can you help? thanks

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Let's put it in perspective:

Every day 10.000 freelancers want to join Upwork

98% are rejected

Of the 2 % that are approved, the majority never earn a Cent.

Your friend has a hodgepotch profile with 4 completely unconnected skillsets which makes him look like a "Jack of all trades, master of none"

If someone could help me understand this, that would be really helpful:

Someone I know created a profile for Technical Writing.  Her profile was approved and she spent the next week sending out about 20 proposals for various jobs. Got response from only one client, but did not get hired. Two days later, her account was permanently suspended because Upwork figured that her skills were not wanted on the platform because nobody hired her.

Now, my question.

On one hand, experienced freelancers suggest that newbies do not lower their rates just to get a job. But on the other hand, apparently getting a job, any job for that matter and quickly so, is important if you don't want to lose your account.

So, what should the new users do on Upwork? Take the first low-paying job they get or wait for the right job to work out?

(I know I chose the former, and in hindsight it was good - at least I have my profile)

many thanks, Petra, you helped me improve the profile (really). Just have a look:

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~012288c4b91dd839ca

I understand anyway that we are all professionals with more or less success but Upwork needs profiles that match their opportunities.

Prachi, I understand that this happened to that suspended profile. But anyway, there's the risk to not giving space to real talents, just because there is a profile less or more impressive or less or more focused.

Also because, focused where? a niche with no market? and if I have more skills and I'm good at all of them, are you sure I could not deliver a huge work to the customer?

Just my two cents, I'll improve my profile until I'll be accepted. In any case, there's no limit to perfection.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manuel,

Please note that creating multiple accounts is a violation of ToS. Please close your new account! 

You can be a client and a freelancer using the same account.  To create Client account on your existing account, please go to your account settings and select My Teams tab on the left. Once you do, please select Create New Account button and you should be able to add a client account to your existing account. You'll then be able to easily switch between the two accounts under the same login and hire freelancers. Check out this help article for more information.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b8a0851e
Community Member

Hello, yes, I close it at once.

But can you check the other account? seems I can't send messages in the community forum with that account, I'm not sure it's related to accepting or not the profile.

Hello again, searched the close account button in the account settings but I can't find it.

Please can you close this account for me? I'm continuing to search but there's not that option anywhere...

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manuel,

We’ll close your account from our end shortly. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths