🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Accessing same account from two different loc...
Page options
ali_bakhtawar
Community Member

Accessing same account from two different locations

Is accessing one Upwork account from two different locations is appropriate in the eye of Upwork or not?

because I'm thinking of hiring VA for my Upwork Account, so I wanted to confirm that if I & my VA log in to the same account, then it won't be an issue.

Share your thoughts on this? Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Can you hire a VA?
Yes.

Can you log in from different locations?

Yes.

It's fine to log into your account from multiple locations.

I can live in Florida and typically log in from there, but travel to Alaska and then log in from there. Upwork doesn't care.

I can log in from home, and then also log in from the Internet cafe, and then also log in from a physical office downtown.

Upwork doesn't care.

It's fine.

If you have people on your team who help you, it doesn't matter if they are sitting next to you or live in another country, they don't log into your account. When you have people work with you, they use their own Upwork accounts. Such as is described here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000394427-Team-Permissions

It is a violation of Upwork ToS for any user to log into another user's Upwork account.

If you are a freelancer and you have an active contract that you are working on, your VA would not log into your Upwork account at all. In order to communicate with clients, your VA would have her own account on your project-specific Slack instance (or other comparable external tool such as Google Chat, Discord, etc.), and she would do her work there.

If you want a VA to look for interesting new jobs for you, that's fine. She can do that using her own Upwork account, and she can send you links to look at. She can't log into your Upwork account.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Bakhtawar A wrote:

Is accessing one Upwork account from two different locations is appropriate in the eye of Upwork or not?

because I'm thinking of hiring VA for my Upwork Account, so I wanted to confirm that if I & my VA log in to the same account, then it won't be an issue.

Share your thoughts on this? Thanks

Since it is not allowed to let somebody else access your account, I don't think you hiring a VA can work. 2 people logging in at the same time will get you suspended. Edit: I don't see what you would need a VA for. 

Time is the issue, I am very busy nowadays, so I want VA to manage accounts (sending job proposals, talk to my clients, etc.)

so, I wanted to know, whenever I am free,

Can I login into my account to see VA's activities while he already logs in from a different location? 

Can you hire a VA?
Yes.

Can you log in from different locations?

Yes.

It's fine to log into your account from multiple locations.

I can live in Florida and typically log in from there, but travel to Alaska and then log in from there. Upwork doesn't care.

I can log in from home, and then also log in from the Internet cafe, and then also log in from a physical office downtown.

Upwork doesn't care.

It's fine.

If you have people on your team who help you, it doesn't matter if they are sitting next to you or live in another country, they don't log into your account. When you have people work with you, they use their own Upwork accounts. Such as is described here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000394427-Team-Permissions

It is a violation of Upwork ToS for any user to log into another user's Upwork account.

If you are a freelancer and you have an active contract that you are working on, your VA would not log into your Upwork account at all. In order to communicate with clients, your VA would have her own account on your project-specific Slack instance (or other comparable external tool such as Google Chat, Discord, etc.), and she would do her work there.

If you want a VA to look for interesting new jobs for you, that's fine. She can do that using her own Upwork account, and she can send you links to look at. She can't log into your Upwork account.

As Preston explained, when you hire a VA, they still cannot use your account. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths