🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Accessing the Desktop App
Page options
henrymichele
Community Member

Accessing the Desktop App

Hi,

I'm about to get my first job on Upwork, but I can't log onto the Desktop app. It's not working with my username and password. I'm logged in to a part of the website where I can see job openings and account info.

Is the Desktop app different from the part of the website where I can see my account info? (Does the Desktop app use different log-in info?) What are some possible issues keeping me from opening the Desktop app? What should I do if I can't access the time tracker?

Thank you.

Michele

**Edited for community guidelines**

5 REPLIES 5
JoanneP

Hi Michele,

To log in to the Upwork Desktop App, you will need to use the same login credentials when logging in via browser. Wass there any error message when you tried to log in to the app? You may also want to check the troubleshooting steps we have available here

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt response!

I tried to use the same username and password on the Desktop app as my
regular account, which DOES work.

After I first got the error message, I changed my password. After that, the
regular website still works, but the Desktop doesn't work (still), which is
really surprising and scary.

It sounds like it could be a space issue??? If it's a space issue, how
large is the app?

Hi Michele,

I have shared your concern with the team. One of our agents reached out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I deleted a couple of Upwork downloads that were in my applications folder
and then downloaded the Desktop app again, but it still gives me a message
that says, "An unknown error has occurred."

Hi Michele,

Thanks for the additional information. One of our agents already sent you an email to assist you directly. You can check the ticket by logging in to your account and going here. Here's your ticket number: 29633792. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths