🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Accidentally closed a job post
Page options
b390ef8b
Community Member

Accidentally closed a job post

Hi! My coworker accidentally closed an active job post with incomming proposals...
How do we activate this job post again and make it live again? I don't like that our hire rate was put down from 100 % to 75 % just because of this. Is there some way to fix this?

I understand that I can reuse the posting, but that will still affect the hire rate?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Emma,

I just checked the hire rate and I can see that it's 80%. Could you please log out > clear your cache and cookies > log in and check your hire rate on your end? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emma,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to re-open a job posting or manually adjust the hire rate. The rate will increase, however, if you post a new job and hire on it.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
b390ef8b
Community Member

A bit confused! I was at 75% hire rate after we accidentally closed that job post. I have recently hired for a new job post and the hire rate increased even further down to 60%. That doesn't make any sense? 
4 out of 5 job posts is filled/hired.

Hi Emma,

A client's hire rate is calculated by looking at how often they end up hiring freelancers or agencies after posting a job. As mentioned by Bojan, the rate will increase once you post a new job and hire on it. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
b390ef8b
Community Member

Thats the thing, the hire rate decreased when i posted a new job and hired.

Originally we had 100% hire rate, that went down to 75% after closing a job without hiring anyone.

Yesterday I posted a new job and hired a freelancer and the hire rate decreased to 60% right after that. That doesn't make sense to me.

4 out of total 5 job posts are filled/hired.

Hi Emma,

I just checked the hire rate and I can see that it's 80%. Could you please log out > clear your cache and cookies > log in and check your hire rate on your end? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths