Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidently Withdrew Proposal

Highlighted
Rulonda J F Member Since: Jan 16, 2017
1 of 7

Hi guys,

I'm new here (just started two days ago). I accidently withdrew a proposal for a promising job because I thought it was a scam because the payment isn't through Upwork and though the company is real, I couldn't find any information online about the Personnel Hiring Manager who contacted me via Google Hangouts. Now, I'm having second thoughts. Is there any way to undo or re-do a proposal once you withdraw it? Can you re-apply for that job or no? I feel like I shot myself in the foot and this mistake will come back to haunt me as I try to get clients on here. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rulonda

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 7

Your initial thoughts are right. It's a scam.

Highlighted
3 of 7

Okay. I told them not to contact me anymore. But in the event that I accidently withdraw an application for a job post on here, is there any way to undo that? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
4 of 7

Unfortunately no. You will have to resubmit your proposal if you accidentally archive it. 

@Rulonda J F wrote:

Okay. I told them not to contact me anymore. But in the event that I accidently withdraw an application for a job post on here, is there any way to undo that? 

Highlighted
5 of 7
But aren't there legit companies on here who don't pay through Upwork?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 7

No, it's against Upwork's ToS. Trust me, it's a scam. There are 20 page threads on here about that scam.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
BEST ANSWER
7 of 7

Of course not. That's probably the most important rule on the platform.  Never accept payment off site.  Ever.

@Rulonda J F wrote:
But aren't there legit companies on here who don't pay through Upwork?

View solution in original post