🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Accidently opened a second milestone
Page options
eaf45f3b
Community Member

Accidently opened a second milestone

Hello, I am new to upwork and due to not knowing how the milestone system worked I didnt see that I could communicate with the client via messages I sent a new milestone instead. The work is finished, the client released the payment to me and there's nothing else to do going forward HOWEVER because I accidently opened this milestone the contract is still open. It says its not funded but when I try to close the contract myself ( after sending multiple messages to the clinet to see if they can close it), it says "you'll be prompted to make any final payments". I dont know what that means, I just want to close the contract. Can anyone help? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Norma,

Thank you for your message. If you have already completed the agreed work on the contract and there are no new tasks expected, you can request your client to end the contract and leave feedback for you. You can also end the contract directly by clicking the job title on the Contract page and then clicking the option menu (3 dots) to select the 'End contract' button.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi Norma,

Thank you for your message. If you have already completed the agreed work on the contract and there are no new tasks expected, you can request your client to end the contract and leave feedback for you. You can also end the contract directly by clicking the job title on the Contract page and then clicking the option menu (3 dots) to select the 'End contract' button.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths