Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Help

Highlighted
Jeston F Member Since: Nov 16, 2018
1 of 4

Greetings UpWork community,

I am trying to setup an account as a freelancer and in the sign up process there is a phase to enter your phone number. Apparently a while back, I had already setup an account with upwork using an email (expired domain) I no longer have access to. As such, my phone number is attached to a dead account.

I looked around the site and couldn't find a way to manually regain the account from a phone number, so I am hoping to get help from an admin to either, delete my old associated account, or let me regain access  so I can update to my newest email ?

Appreciate any help in advance,

~J

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Hi Jeston,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and assist you with your phone verification process and also advice you regarding closing your previous account as creating another account is a violation of ToS. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Jess A Member Since: Feb 27, 2019
3 of 4

Hello, 

It appears the same issue happened with me. I never completed my original profile a while back and now that I am able to update my profile it won't let me use my phone number to verify my changes. 

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4 of 4

Hi Jess,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your request. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS