🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Account Help
Page options
rhapsodus
Community Member

Account Help

Greetings UpWork community,

I am trying to setup an account as a freelancer and in the sign up process there is a phase to enter your phone number. Apparently a while back, I had already setup an account with upwork using an email (expired domain) I no longer have access to. As such, my phone number is attached to a dead account.

I looked around the site and couldn't find a way to manually regain the account from a phone number, so I am hoping to get help from an admin to either, delete my old associated account, or let me regain access  so I can update to my newest email ?

Appreciate any help in advance,

~J

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jeston,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and assist you with your phone verification process and also advice you regarding closing your previous account as creating another account is a violation of ToS. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jeston,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and assist you with your phone verification process and also advice you regarding closing your previous account as creating another account is a violation of ToS. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jealanis
Community Member

Hello, 

It appears the same issue happened with me. I never completed my original profile a while back and now that I am able to update my profile it won't let me use my phone number to verify my changes. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jess,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your request. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
nferranti
Community Member

I have the same issues as well! I have no idea what account my number is linked to and can't verify my new account. 

Hi Nancy,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having the same issue as well.

I am trying to create an account and must have tried in the past. I cannot remember what log in info i used previously and now it will not let me create an account as it says my phone number exists on another account? How can I get this resolved if I have tried every log in that I can think of?

Hi Joshua,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths