cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspended - No spelling errors

Jenna W Member Since: Mar 8, 2017
1 of 25

My account was suspended for having grammar/spelling errors. 

There are no spelling errors, only words like Atlassian, which the system doesn't recognize. Which is a company.....

There's no one to contact about this and you cant reply to the notification. Horrible support on this website considering they suspend your account for every small detail.

Community Guru
Jeff R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
2 of 25

You can get suspended for spelling and grammar?? Really??

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
3 of 25

@Jeff R wrote:

You can get suspended for spelling and grammar?? Really??

Something that hasn't even been approved cannot get suspended.

4 of 25

"Hi Jenna,

Thanks for filling out your profile! Unfortunately, during our review, we found a few areas for improvement that will help you stand out to clients. In order for your profile to be published on Upwork, you must make the following revisions and re-submit your profile for review. Once approved, you’re ready to start connecting with clients!

• Please revise your profile for grammatical and spelling errors. "

Then it said my account was suspended on the homepage. It's gone now that I just submitted a new profile. Waiting for a response. 

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 25

@Ela K wrote:

Something that hasn't even been approved cannot get suspended.

lol this was my thought. You're not approved how are you suspended? LOL

If they suspended for grammar and spelling mistakes, they'd have like 3 freelancers left.

6 of 25

I mean... you say that like I'm lying. "Please revise your profile for grammatical and spelling errors. " was the email I recieved. My profile was approved then suspended within minutes. 

I just wish they would point out the error if they found one. 

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 25

@jenna W wrote:

I mean... you say that like I'm lying. "Please revise your profile for grammatical and spelling errors. " was the email I recieved. My profile was approved then suspended within minutes. 

I just wish they would point out the error if they found one. 

That indicates the approver hit the wrong button and correct her/his mistake. Makes sense, yes?

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
8 of 25

Your title is misspelled. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
9 of 25

Ahh. Missed that one. Thanks. 

Still very annoying that you now have to wait hours to see if it's approved. I've been trying to create my profile for 3 days now. It's always something ridiculous that they won't approve it for. 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
10 of 25

re: "You can get suspended for spelling and grammar?? Really??"

Jeff:

The answer is "yes" and "no."

You are thinking of a particular meaning of the word "suspended."

Using that meaning, Jenna was NOT actually suspended for a spelling error.

What actually happened is that there are problems with Jenna's profile and before she was ever allowed into the active pool of freelancers, a request was made that her account be approved.

Actually, spelling errors are only one issue. There are other serious problems that should be fixed on her profile page before it is approved for the first time.

Keep in mind that many messages Upwork user receive are generated by automated algorithms, or the messages are pre-written messages sent as a result of semi-automated or manual processes triggered by Upwork associates.

It is not always necessary to interpret these messages literally.

My recommendation to Jenna would be to spend some more time studying good profile pages and fix the problems in own profile before resubmitting it for review.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS