cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspended - No spelling errors

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
11 of 25

For example, Jenna's profile presents her as a voice-over artist and a project manager. This doesn't violate Upwork rules. But it weakens the effectiveness of her fledgeling profile page. She should pick one job skill and eliminate all references to the other.

Jenna W Member Since: Mar 8, 2017
12 of 25

Why is that the case if I have experience with both? And why would it even let me do that if that's a suspendable offense?

Community Guru
13 of 25

re: "Why is that the case if I have experience with both? And why would it even let me do that if that's a suspendable offense?"

Jenna:
This is absolutely not a "suspendable offense."

Upwork has approved your profile. Congratulations.

My ADVICE to you, in order to maximize your earnings potential, is to get rid of everything relating to voice-over work and re-write your profile page so that it focuses on project management.

Do this in order to earn more money. Not because you are violating any rules (you're not).

14 of 25

If it's not a suspendable offense than why did I recieve an email saying the issue was "Please revise your profile for grammatical and spelling errors. " and to re submit my profile. Then my homepage saying my account was suspended until the issue was fixed?

Not sure why people on here assume I'm lying about this. Thankd for the advice, but for right now I just want it fixed. 

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
15 of 25

Jenna, you write "I would be happy to assist you in any of the skills I may have" - don't you know which skills you have & want to utilize?

You talk about your degree and then say that you don't want that to be your primary skill on Upwork.

Well, you have tell clients what you can do for them. Not let them figure out what you might be good at.

16 of 25

That's not spelling or grammar..... People need to stop attacking the content when that's not this problem here. If that's something I won't get hired for, then I'll learn that when I start using the site, which I can't do right now.....

17 of 25

My profile was approved. Then suspended like 5 mins later. 

The acceptance and suspended emails came almost at the same time. 

Doris C Member Since: Dec 23, 2016
18 of 25
That's strange u can't have two talents.
Community Guru
19 of 25

re: "That's strange u can't have two talents."

Lots of people have more than one talent.

When an Upwork freelancer is starting out, my advice to them is to focus their profile on a single job skill, in order to increase their chance at getting hired.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
20 of 25

@Doris C wrote:
That's strange u can't have two talents.

What is that supposed to mean? Of course you can have two talents - you can have more than two talents . . .

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS