cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspended - No spelling errors

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
21 of 25

Hi Jenna,

I'd like to clarify that your profile wasn't suspended. It was put on hold because it required changes. As Katrina pointed out there were spelling errors in your profile title. I see you have corrected the errors already and resubmitted your profile for a review. Please, allow 12 hours for your profile to be reviewed again. Meanwhile, you can continue working on your profile and add more information about your employment, other experience as well as some portfolio items and tests.

Please, see this help article for more information about completing your profile.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Jenna W Member Since: Mar 8, 2017
22 of 25

Wow. Thank you for the helpful information. I kind of feel attacked for no reason. 

I used the word suspended, because it said "suspended" in the green box when I logged on and viewed my profile. Not sure why, but it said that. 

I have fixed the error in my title and hopefully the problem will be solved through that. Thanks for the help!

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
23 of 25

Don't feel attacked. It's not meant that way.  Funny story, one time I was interviewing for a project and the client pointed out a spelling error in my overview.  Ironically it was the word "accuracy" lolol.  I still got the project and she found it funny, but still I was a little embarrassed about it.  

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
24 of 25

If it does say "suspended" when it should say "on hold", Upwork should change the wording to avoid confusion.

It wouldn't be the first time that UW's choice of words is off / inaccurate.

Sorry Jenna.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
25 of 25

If Jenna is still reading these posts, there's still one grammatical error in her profile. Where it says,

"elimination any blockers that disrupt the continuation of work."

it should say,

"eliminating any blockers that disrupt the continuation of work."