🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Account Suspended
Page options
jdprieto
Community Member

Account Suspended

I opened my Upwork account in 2015 when I moved to the US for school. At that time I wasn´t allowed to work in the US because of my immigration status (F1 Student Visa) and I think that´s why my account was suspended. I just got a new immigration status (O1 Visa) which allows me to work in the US as a graphic designer. Is there any way I can get my account reactivated? Can someone help me out with this issue?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Juan, 

The limitation to your account is now lifted. If you try applying for jobs with a U.S. location requirement, you will be prompted to verify your location then. Once location verified, you should be able to start working on projects that has a U.S. location requirement.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Juan Diego, 

I'll go ahead and look into your account and get back to you once I have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jdprieto
Community Member

Thanks I appreciate it ##- Please
type your reply above this line -##
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Juan, 

The limitation to your account is now lifted. If you try applying for jobs with a U.S. location requirement, you will be prompted to verify your location then. Once location verified, you should be able to start working on projects that has a U.S. location requirement.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths