🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Account doesn't appear in search results
Page options
gerdosic
Community Member

Account doesn't appear in search results

Hello,

My profile doesn't appear in freelancer search neither by first name nor by filtered results. Account is set to visible.

Thank you!

11 REPLIES 11
pudingstudio
Community Member

Hanna A wrote:

Hello,

My profile doesn't appear in freelancer search neither by first name nor by filtered results. Account is set to visible.

Thank you!

Don't search yourself.
Leads to despair (not seeing your profile on the first page).

Profiles in search are randomly presented. Sometimes yours IS on page #1, sometimes it's on #100+.

Nothing you can do about it. Don't search yourself.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hanna, 

I checked your account and can confirm that your profile was set to private for not earning in the past 30-days. If an established freelancer doesn't earn money on Upwork for 30 days, their profile visibility will automatically change to private. If you aren't regularly earning on our platform, your profile may be set to private, even if you submit proposals and interview frequently. There are different ways of setting your profile to public again, one of which is contacting us directly so that we can set your profile visibility to public.

If your profile is set to private again after 30-days, or sometime in the future, check out the options listed in the email notification or in the pop up on Find Work page to set it back to public.
You may read more about this in this help article

I would also like to note that search results
 vary depending on the type of profile used to conduct the search, since a number of factors are taken into account. Clients will always get a different search result for the same keyword/filters than freelancers using the same parameters. In addition, freelancers are regularly rotated in search results and the order the profiles are displayed in will change every couple of weeks.

~ Avery
Upwork
gerdosic
Community Member

Hello,
Thank you for your explanation. Can you please set my account visibility to
public.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hanna,

Looks like your current profile visibility is set up by yourself. Please change your visibility to the public following instructions shared in this help article

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
gerdosic
Community Member

Thank you for your reply, but my profile has always been set to "Only Upwork Users". But even if I change it to "Publi" I'm still not visible in search.

yitwail
Community Member

Hanna, I was able to find your account by searching for "hanna accounting", as you can see in the attached screenshot. However, that only worked if I turned off the U.S. only switch, which is strange since you live in the US.

Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 4.50.04 PM.png

Community Manager

Thanks for sharing that information, John. 

I am looking into this, and I will come back here once I have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hanna, and John, 

Sorry for the delay. The Technical Support Team will be looking into this further.

Hanna, you should have received an email from the Customer Support Team with more information about this. 

John, thank you for flagging this issue! 

~ Avery
Upwork
gerdosic
Community Member

Thank you all for the efforts!

gerdosic
Community Member

Hello,
How soon do you think my account can be fixes? It's been a week since the
problem was discovered.
Thank you,
Hanna
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hanna, 

I apologise for the delay. I have followed up with the team so that this can be investigated further, and an update can be posted on your support ticket. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths