🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Account suspended due to two accounts
Page options
gysbertv
Community Member

Account suspended due to two accounts

Fellow Upworkers

I am writing on behalf of my wife who joined Upwork two days ago. We were unsuccessful when trying to post in her profile even though she can still log into her Upwork account.

Immediately after she had registered she decided to delete her account while still in the verification period as she believed her username was not private enough. She attempted to create a new account but was blocked due to her email address already being in use with the first registration.

**Edited for community guidelines**

This worked perfectly but then her account was suspended as she was found to be in breach of Upwork policies for having another account. She inquired about the suspension and was informed by Gee as follows:

**Edited for community guidelines**

They continued by stating they will not enter into any further discussion on the matter - just like that! I was sure the matter would easily be resolved when I highlighted that instructions from Upwork Help Centre led us to contravine Upwork policies!

I would appreciate any advice to resolve the matter. Is it possible for her to continue working on Upwork? Should she simply create another account with another email address? She has no clients yet and no work history or feedback will be compromised due to this. We purely wish to be able to earn a living through Upwork’s platform without being penalised for acting on advice that should be otherwise be trustworthy.

Yours sincerely
3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gysbert,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm looking into your wife's account issue and following up with the correct team. Since posting private communication or chat transcripts isn't allowed I had to edit this post, but I recorded any information needed to follow up on this case. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
gysbertv
Community Member

Much appreciated....

Appologies for posting disallowed communication

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your patience, Gysbert. Your wife should receive an update via email about the status of her account.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths