cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verificat

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Jae Sung K Member Since: Jun 25, 2017
1 of 7

I woke up to this message today: Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here.

So does everyon who starts to earn a bit of money on Upwork go through this process? I'm not sure why...If I've proven my ability to complete jobs for clients successfully, why is there a need to ask me information about my profile?  This is really awkward because I have a job that is due in one day and I will probably be put into a queue as I've read about others with the same experience.

Also it says I was the one that requested this verification but I've done no such thing. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
2 of 7

It's more or less random. I believe they want everybody verified eventuality. There are so much fake profiles that they had to.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 7

It only takes a few minutes to complete this task.

My advice is to just do it and get it over with.

I was asked to do it, even though people at Upwork know me and I have a long-established work history. I really do think that people are randomly selected to do this. Upwork's goal is to verify everybody eventually.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
4 of 7

yup, got a webcam attached to my laptop ready to go. the request annoyed me at first but I realized its not a big deal

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
5 of 7

yeah after reading around a bit more this appears to be the case.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 7

Hi Jae Sung,

As Preston and Rene noted freelancers are selected for this profile verification randomly and eventually we plan to have everybody verify. Also, this shouldn't affect your ability to work on your current contracts. 

Let us know if you run into any issues with the process.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
7 of 7

oh, I assumed site functions would be disabled. great to hear that. Thanks!