🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Activate Inactive Account
Page options
slainte_usa
Community Member

Activate Inactive Account

How do I activate an inactive account from 2018? Please see screenshot. Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
JoanneP

Hi Danny,

I checked the screenshot you shared, and I was able to locate the account you're referring to. Please know that freelancers are only allowed to have one Upwork account. If you prefer to use your old account, you will need to close this account that you used to post in the community. Please let us know if you prefer to reinstate the old account and we'll assist you with it. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you, yes I would like to reinstate the old account.  Could you assist me with the process of closing this account and reinstating old account? Thanks.

Hi Danny,

As requested, your account has been reinstated, and this account that you used in the community has been closed. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you. I am required to do a video verification before I can change profile picture, when I try to follow steps in support documentation I am to I don't have access to this page (screenshots). The get help button is not functional either. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Danny,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You'll be able to access your ticket here once it's created.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
vjalla
Community Member

Hi, 

My friend's account is also deactivated. Please suggest the process to get it active again.

Hi Vaishali,

We won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. However, rest assured that decisions to suspend a user's account are not taken lightly and without fully investigating for TOS violations.

Please, refer to this help article for general reasons why our Trust & Safety team may take action on an account.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
b7c6eaf9
Community Member

Hi, 

I have been inactive for sometime because of some personal issues and when I returned I see that my account was suspended and I can't seem to contact Customer Support. LEt me know how I can activate my account. Thanks.

Hi, 

I was inactive for the last few months on upworks due to personal reasons. When I came back I saw that my account was suspended. Please let me know how I can reactivate my account. Thanks.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I saw that you have an open ticket regarding this. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. One of our agents will follow up with you on your ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths