🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Active Candidacy
Page options
ayon_jd
Community Member

Active Candidacy

I have 1 Active Candidacy. But She is not responding. I don't know why. I need to contact her. How can I?

3 REPLIES 3
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Ayon,

You'll only be able to communicate with the client that you have active candidacy with, through the Upwork messages unless the client has already shared other means of communicating with them. Unfortunately, if they are not responding, you won't be able to connect with them through a different method.

~Nina
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I need to contact her. How can I?"

Ayon:

If this is an active candidacy, then it means this is a client with whom you have no contract in place. She hasn't hired you to do anything. You don't owe her anything.

By definition, you don't "need" to contact her.

You may "wish to contact her to ask her to hire you," but that is different, and that is not a feature Upwork supports.

kat303
Community Member

@ayon J wrote:

I have 1 Active Candidacy. But She is not responding. I don't know why. I need to contact her. How can I?

First of all, you can only contact her through the messaging room on this site unless she send you other means of communicating. And since this client is not responding, I assume that you have already tried contacting her. IF, you've only contacted her ONCE, you can send her another message answering any questions she may have asked you, recapping briefly what you will do, timeline and rate and then end it saying that if she has any other questions or needs other information from you, you will be glad to answer them and also that you are available to start this job if she wants to move forward with the job and hire you.

If you've already send SEVERAL messages, then do Not send any more. She knows you are available and if she wants to move forward with this job, you are available. Sending more messages might turn her off and may cause her not to hire you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths