🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Active contract - still haven't been paid
Page options
danieladp_
Community Member

Active contract - still haven't been paid

Hi, I have an active contract started last Friday and still due to be paid.

The hirer told me the translation needed to be first viewed and accepted by the final client in order to proceed with the payment but it's almost 3 days and I have no news from this employer, who got completely unactive on the platform.
I am honestly doubting the hirer will ever answer me. What can I do in order to get paid?

The contract is still active but the hirer disappeared completely.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniela, 

I checked your account and can see that the milestone is funded, and you have submitted the work 3-days ago through the milestone-submission/contract page. Please know that when you submit work for review, the client will have 14 days to review, and request for changes to the work you have submitted. During this 14-day review period, your client may or may not release the money in escrow.

If your client doesn't get back to you within 14-days, the money in escrow will be automatically released to your account. You may read more about getting paid for fixed-price contracts in this help article

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
muiz_ahmed
Community Member

Hi Daniela,

If your contract is active but the client disappeared, you can simply submit your work by clicking that "Submit Work for Payment" button in your contract. If the client doesn't demand any revisions, your submission will automatically get approved by Upwork within 14 days. Just remember not to click that button again during this 14-day time period.

More information on Fixed-Price Protection by Upwork Help Center.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks

m_sharman
Community Member

Daniela D wrote:
Hi, I have an active contract started last Friday and still due to be paid.

The hirer told me the translation needed to be first viewed and accepted by the final client in order to proceed with the payment but it's almost 3 days and I have no news from this employer, who got completely unactive on the platform.
I am honestly doubting the hirer will ever answer me. What can I do in order to get paid?

The contract is still active but the hirer disappeared completely.

Were you hired directly via the Upwork platform? I only ask as I don't see an "in progress" on your profile.  

If you were, then if you have submitted the materials via Upwork (for a fixed price project), the client can either approve, or Upwork will release the funds after 14 days. It then takes a few more days before they are available to you. If it's hourly, you should see that in your in review tab.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniela, 

I checked your account and can see that the milestone is funded, and you have submitted the work 3-days ago through the milestone-submission/contract page. Please know that when you submit work for review, the client will have 14 days to review, and request for changes to the work you have submitted. During this 14-day review period, your client may or may not release the money in escrow.

If your client doesn't get back to you within 14-days, the money in escrow will be automatically released to your account. You may read more about getting paid for fixed-price contracts in this help article

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you a lot!! I will wait till then.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths