🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Active proposal no answer from the client
Page options
rumiyaa
Community Member

Active proposal no answer from the client

Hi!
It's my first active proposal, I got the message from the client that if I'm available to apply their job. And then we had a small interview on Skype. There's no answer from the client yet.
The question is: does this client is my active job or not yet?
And if there's no response later, and I will withdraw the proposal, it could affect my rang on Upwork? (Like the percent of the successful jobs I mean, because the reputation is important).
What should I do in this case?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
renatoss
Community Member

An interview is just an interview. If the client didn't sent you an offer so you can accept it, then you're not hired.

No need to withdraw your proposal, unless you're not willing to work on that task even if you'll be chosen. And NO, there is no penalty on your stats if you chose to withdraw. You shuold just let it stay there and maybe the client will come back and makes an offer or who knows might not come back ever and hire any of the ones who got interviewed or applied on the particular job.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Rumiya A wrote:
Hi!
It's my first active proposal, I got the message from the client that if I'm available to apply their job. And then we had a small interview on Skype. There's no answer from the client yet.
The question is: does this client is my active job or not yet?
And if there's no response later, and I will withdraw the proposal, it could affect my rang on Upwork? (Like the percent of the successful jobs I mean, because the reputation is important).
What should I do in this case?

Nothing. If the client wants to hire you, he knows where you are. Until you are hired, nothing affects your JSS. Your ranking (I assume you mean the order in which freelancers are displayed on a query) you can't affect in any way, since it is an upwork algorithm. 

No, that is not your active job yet.

If the client wants to hire you, she/he will send you an offer. If you accept, then it is an active job.

There is no reason to withdraw the proposal - doesn't benefit you anyway.

renatoss
Community Member

An interview is just an interview. If the client didn't sent you an offer so you can accept it, then you're not hired.

No need to withdraw your proposal, unless you're not willing to work on that task even if you'll be chosen. And NO, there is no penalty on your stats if you chose to withdraw. You shuold just let it stay there and maybe the client will come back and makes an offer or who knows might not come back ever and hire any of the ones who got interviewed or applied on the particular job.

rumiyaa
Community Member

Thank you for all your answers! 🙂

Rumiya, I'd like to commend you for your honesty regarding your English skills on your Profile in noting them as Conversational.  It's often apparent that so many are dishonest regarding this which makes it even more refreshing when people such as yourself are honest about it.  

I work and speak the language each day. There's every day conversation.
Maybe my writing skills not so good, but my conversation is well. I'm not American, and it's pretty clear that I'm foreigner. My important skills are sales and marketing, not English, you know.

Thank you for your opinion, but I'm not pretend to be ideal or unhonest.
I think every of us, as me and you, must be better. And I do it for my best without any advice to other. I hope I explained my position.
Best redards!

@Rumiya A wrote:
I work and speak the language each day. There's every day conversation.
Maybe my writing skills not so good, but my conversation is well. I'm not American, and it's pretty clear that I'm foreigner. My important skills are sales and marketing, not English, you know.

Thank you for your opinion, but I'm not pretend to be ideal or unhonest.
I think every of us, as me and you, must be better. And I do it for my best without any advice to other. I hope I explained my position.
Best redards!

___________________________________________________________________________Rumiya, it doesn't appear that you understood my intent.  I was complimenting you on your honesty.  Perhaps it'd be of assistance to you to reread my post and/or have someone explain it to you.  

No, I understand your post very well.
But in this topic it doesn't matter.

I really hope you understand my position also. Have a good day!

Pat and Rumya seem to have a cross-culture misunderstanding where one appreciates the compliment; yet believes is unnecessary as honesty is the principle anyways, while for the other honesty is a rare commodity. Cheers Both
vkiranmaniya
Community Member

I had about 11 active proposals, For sake of simplicity and clean profile, I withdraw the active proposals which are idle for a long time. I always keep it 40 days as active and then after I withdraw it. However, if you have so many active proposals for a long time, it doesn't affect your profile or anything. I suggest withdrawal of the proposal if you believe that you are not going to be hired on that job or client is not responsive for a long time.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths