cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Add Kosovo to country list

Highlighted
Agon R Member Since: Apr 26, 2017
1 of 52

Hello would it be possible to add Kosovo to the country list? For those who don't know Kosovo is a small country in southeastern Europe. **Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Edit: 

For those in Kosovo and want to get paid via PayPal**
You need to open a PRIMA CARD from BKT and connect PayPal with it,then you will be able to receive money.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 52

Hi Agon,

Currently, there is no updates on having Kosovo listed on the list of countries that a user can select on Upwork.

Highlighted
3 of 52

Yes I know that's why I'm requesting it to be added, Kosovo is a country and should be listed as such in UpWork. 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 52
I don't know if this has anything to do with Kosovo, but some countries don't allow Upwork, and the U.S. State Department doesn't allow Upwork to do business with some countries. Which is why some countries aren't listed on Upwork. It is usually not a technical oversight.
Highlighted
5 of 52

Hi thank you for your reply ,I don't think Kosovo would not allow UpWork , not many know what it is here but I would like it to be present in country list as I see no reason for it not to be. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 52

Some countries are not available because there is no way for freelancers from those countries to receive payment from Upwork which is why it is pointless to add them. I seem to remember that Kosovo was one of those countries.

Highlighted
7 of 52

Weird, PayPal works here just fine, which is what UpWork can use to send money ? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
8 of 52

@Agon R wrote:

Weird, PayPal works here just fine

Not according to PayPal.... 

Highlighted
9 of 52

Not trying to be rude but how come I'm from Kosovo and I have a verifed PayPal account ? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
10 of 52

@Agon R wrote:

Not trying to be rude but how come I'm from Kosovo and I have a verifed PayPal account ? 

You are not being rude at all Smiley Happy

upwork uses something called "Mass Payment" to send funds, which is why freelancers do not pay a receiving fee to PayPal when they withdraw via PayPal.

Kosovo is not on the list of countries which can receive mass payments.