🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Add Kosovo to country list
Page options
agonra
Community Member

Add Kosovo to country list

Hello would it be possible to add Kosovo to the country list? For those who don't know Kosovo is a small country in southeastern Europe.

58 REPLIES 58
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Agon,

Currently, there is no updates on having Kosovo listed on the list of countries that a user can select on Upwork.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
agonra
Community Member

Yes I know that's why I'm requesting it to be added, Kosovo is a country and should be listed as such in UpWork. 

I don't know if this has anything to do with Kosovo, but some countries don't allow Upwork, and the U.S. State Department doesn't allow Upwork to do business with some countries. Which is why some countries aren't listed on Upwork. It is usually not a technical oversight.

Hi thank you for your reply ,I don't think Kosovo would not allow UpWork , not many know what it is here but I would like it to be present in country list as I see no reason for it not to be. 

petra_r
Community Member

Some countries are not available because there is no way for freelancers from those countries to receive payment from Upwork which is why it is pointless to add them. I seem to remember that Kosovo was one of those countries.

agonra
Community Member

Weird, PayPal works here just fine, which is what UpWork can use to send money ? 

petra_r
Community Member

@Agon R wrote:

Weird, PayPal works here just fine

Not according to PayPal.... 

agonra
Community Member

Not trying to be rude but how come I'm from Kosovo and I have a verifed PayPal account ? 

petra_r
Community Member

@Agon R wrote:

Not trying to be rude but how come I'm from Kosovo and I have a verifed PayPal account ? 

You are not being rude at all 🙂

upwork uses something called "Mass Payment" to send funds, which is why freelancers do not pay a receiving fee to PayPal when they withdraw via PayPal.

Kosovo is not on the list of countries which can receive mass payments.  

Hello Agon, how do you use paypal here in Kosovo? Can you tell me please because when I want to open an account there I can’t find Kosovo

Use Albania

Ok and which bank did you use?

Raiffeisen but it has to be a VISA card, not Master.

mergimi
Community Member

Hello,

Since Paypal doesn't support Kosovo,to open my account I use Albania as my country,but when I have to fill further information like Postal Code or my phone number,I cannot give that information properly,for example the postal code in Tirana contains four numbers and here in Prishtina our postal code contains five numbers.

You know I'm stuck here and don't know what to do to get an open and verified account in Paypal.Maybe you could help me with this issue and tell me how did you get that verification since you live in Kosovo aswell.If you don't mind we can contact each other on email or social media.

Have a nice day.

Agon, note that Montenegro is listed on Upwork as a country although to this date they haven't got access to PayPal. What I think might be the true reason for omitting Kosovo from the country list are some weird policies of Kosovar central bank. 

Once I tried to withdraw money from my Payoneer card in Kosovo, and ATMs from few different banks informed me that my withdrawal would be subject to extra fees that hardly exist anywhere else in the world. 

You can't receive money to PayPal via Upwork? Contact PayPal and they should allow that,it's what I did and it's working perfectly.

075d39d0
Community Member

How have you managed to open a Paypal if you live in Kosovo? Could you help me out ,because im facing the issue of not being able to have an account on paypal since kosovo is not on their country list.

Thanks.

Hi, Gresa! 

Did you find any solution yet about getting paid with an Kosovar Bank account?

Thanks in advance!

blendq
Community Member

Most of Kosova Upwork users are using Payoneer as a Mass Payment method. 
We pay fees for using Payoneer cards, to Payoneer, which is irrelevant to our relation with Upwork. 

@Preston H wrote:
I don't know if this has anything to do with Kosovo, but some countries don't allow Upwork,

Which country does "not allow Upwork?"

North Korea does not allow citizens to use Upwork. There are probably others.

Upwork does not do business with some countries. A list is here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067778-Eligibility-to-Join-Upwork

Lol name something that is allowed in North Korea Cat Frustrated

@Preston H wrote:

North Korea does not allow citizens to use Upwork. There are probably others.

Upwork does not do business with some countries. 

Including North Korea.... 😉

denouezechias
Community Member

I can't Add my payoneer Credit or Debit Card, because my country Cote d'ivoire (ivory coast) is not in the list...
Please, help me

Hi Ezechias,

You may want to reach out to Payoneer customer support to get a better undestanding of their policies and to properly give you an answer for your concern.

Untitled

On my profile's informations, i have choosen Ivory coast for the country

Can you explain me why Ivory coast is not in the drop down list in billing method about credit card.

All other neighbours country like Burkina faso, Mali, Togo, Ghana, Guinea are in this drop down list

Ezechias,

We've escalated your concern to the team for further investigation. You should be receiving updates about it directly to your email address.

~ Valeria
Upwork
gurakuq
Community Member

Hi, I'm Gurakuq from Kosovo.

I tried to register to the platform but I can't find my country in the list.

Can some one please help me.

Thanks in advance.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gurakuq,

Currently, there are no updates on having Kosovo listed on the list of countries that a user can select on Upwork.

~ Bojan
Upwork
crikz
Community Member

Hi 

I am looking to register, same story as the guy above. I am trying to start using upwork but I don't seem to be able to pass the registering process. Is there any solution for us to be able to register and start working? Thank you in advance.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brandon, 

I'm sorry to confirm that Kosovo is not yet listed on the countries we support on Upwork. Once this becomes available, we'll make sure to share it here in the Community. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jetmir-haxhisefa
Community Member

Hi, 

I'm creating a new account in Upwork but my country Kosovo is not on the list of countries. What can be done? 

Hi Jetmir,

Unfortunately at the moment there are no updates on having Kosovo listed on the list of countries that a user can select on Upwork. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
albos1
Community Member

I am from Kosovo, which is a young country, we declared our independence in 17th of February 2008. And because we're a young country and because of other political reasons and issues, a lot of platforms don't list Kosovo as a country, one of which is Upwork, and I don't really blame them actually. So we're forced to choose Albania as a country. Albania is one of Kosovo's neighbors and it's a much older country (declared their independence in 28th of November 1912). Kosovo's 90% of population is Albanian so the people from Albania and Kosovo are the same people but as I said because of political problems we got separated into two countries. It would be really great if Upwork would list Kosovo as a country. Until now, everyone from Kosovo who uses Upwork cannot write their real address (except if they explain it on their description). Facebook, Google accounts, Yahoo etc. already have listed Kosovo as a country, but since we're a small country not all platforms heard about Kosovo. Here's a link of all the countries that recognized Kosovo as a legitimate country. **Edited for Community Guidelines**
Hope someone sees this and helps about this issue.

petra_r
Community Member

I believe it is less a matter of not recognizing Kosovo as a country and more an issue with Upworks payment methods not being available in some countries or other issues preventing upwork from oprating in certain countries , Kosovo being one of them.

albos1
Community Member

In Payoneer I could choose Kosovo as a country. One of my instructors at a training center told me that Payoneer works for people from Kosovo. But did anyone ever have a problem with Payoneer?

JoanneP

Hi Blenda,

At the moment there are no updates on having Kosovo listed on the list of countries that a user can select on Upwork. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
elitahiri
Community Member

I have an issue when adding city information as it does not show any drop list with cities. I have tried with every alphabet letters and still got no suggestions

Hi Eli,

May I know the city you were trying to add? Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths