cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Add Kosovo to country list

Highlighted
Editur G Member Since: Mar 16, 2019
11 of 51
Hello Agon, how do you use paypal here in Kosovo? Can you tell me please because when I want to open an account there I can’t find Kosovo
Agon R Member Since: Apr 26, 2017
12 of 51

Use Albania

Highlighted
Editur G Member Since: Mar 16, 2019
13 of 51
Ok and which bank did you use?
Highlighted
14 of 51

Raiffeisen but it has to be a VISA card, not Master.

Highlighted
Mergim S Member Since: Jan 3, 2020
15 of 51

Hello,

Since Paypal doesn't support Kosovo,to open my account I use Albania as my country,but when I have to fill further information like Postal Code or my phone number,I cannot give that information properly,for example the postal code in Tirana contains four numbers and here in Prishtina our postal code contains five numbers.

You know I'm stuck here and don't know what to do to get an open and verified account in Paypal.Maybe you could help me with this issue and tell me how did you get that verification since you live in Kosovo aswell.If you don't mind we can contact each other on email or social media.

Have a nice day.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Miroslav M Member Since: Jan 21, 2016
16 of 51

Agon, note that Montenegro is listed on Upwork as a country although to this date they haven't got access to PayPal. What I think might be the true reason for omitting Kosovo from the country list are some weird policies of Kosovar central bank. 

Once I tried to withdraw money from my Payoneer card in Kosovo, and ATMs from few different banks informed me that my withdrawal would be subject to extra fees that hardly exist anywhere else in the world. 

Highlighted
17 of 51

You can't receive money to PayPal via Upwork? Contact PayPal and they should allow that,it's what I did and it's working perfectly.

Highlighted
Gresa V Member Since: Jul 8, 2020
18 of 51

How have you managed to open a Paypal if you live in Kosovo? Could you help me out ,because im facing the issue of not being able to have an account on paypal since kosovo is not on their country list.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
19 of 51

@Preston H wrote:
I don't know if this has anything to do with Kosovo, but some countries don't allow Upwork,

Which country does "not allow Upwork?"

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
20 of 51

North Korea does not allow citizens to use Upwork. There are probably others.

Upwork does not do business with some countries. A list is here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067778-Eligibility-to-Join-Upwork