Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Kosovo to country list

Highlighted
Jetmir H Member Since: Dec 27, 2018
31 of 51

Hi, 

I'm creating a new account in Upwork but my country Kosovo is not on the list of countries. What can be done? 

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
32 of 51

Hi Jetmir,

Unfortunately at the moment there are no updates on having Kosovo listed on the list of countries that a user can select on Upwork. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Albos H Member Since: Oct 16, 2018
33 of 51

I am from Kosovo, which is a young country, we declared our independence in 17th of February 2008. And because we're a young country and because of other political reasons and issues, a lot of platforms don't list Kosovo as a country, one of which is Upwork, and I don't really blame them actually. So we're forced to choose Albania as a country. Albania is one of Kosovo's neighbors and it's a much older country (declared their independence in 28th of November 1912). Kosovo's 90% of population is Albanian so the people from Albania and Kosovo are the same people but as I said because of political problems we got separated into two countries. It would be really great if Upwork would list Kosovo as a country. Until now, everyone from Kosovo who uses Upwork cannot write their real address (except if they explain it on their description). Facebook, Google accounts, Yahoo etc. already have listed Kosovo as a country, but since we're a small country not all platforms heard about Kosovo. Here's a link of all the countries that recognized Kosovo as a legitimate country. **Edited for Community Guidelines**
Hope someone sees this and helps about this issue.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
34 of 51

I believe it is less a matter of not recognizing Kosovo as a country and more an issue with Upworks payment methods not being available in some countries or other issues preventing upwork from oprating in certain countries , Kosovo being one of them.

Highlighted
Albos H Member Since: Oct 16, 2018
35 of 51

In Payoneer I could choose Kosovo as a country. One of my instructors at a training center told me that Payoneer works for people from Kosovo. But did anyone ever have a problem with Payoneer?

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
36 of 51

Hi Blenda,

At the moment there are no updates on having Kosovo listed on the list of countries that a user can select on Upwork. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Eli T Member Since: Apr 13, 2019
37 of 51
I have an issue when adding city information as it does not show any drop list with cities. I have tried with every alphabet letters and still got no suggestions
Highlighted
38 of 51

Hi Eli,

May I know the city you were trying to add? Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Eli T Member Since: Apr 13, 2019
39 of 51
Hi Joanne

I am trying to add Prishtina, Kosovo.

- Eli
Highlighted
40 of 51

Hi Eli,

Thank you for the information. I'm sorry but at the moment there are no updates on having Kosovo listed on the list of countries that a user can select on Upwork. We'll make sure to share it here in the Community once it becomes available. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled