🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Add Milestone or propose a new contract?
Page options
rtesoro10
Community Member

Add Milestone or propose a new contract?

Hey guys! I need help on this. I started working with a Client on June 11, 2018 under a Fixed Job Contract, I completed the project on the deadline and Client approved the milestone. My contract is still active. Now, the Client offered additional work and of course, he proposed a rate which I agreed. So, should I ask my Client to add milestone in our original Contract or should I propose a new Contract? Thanks in advance!

Rica

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

You can do either: new milestone. Or new contract.

Personally, I ask for a new contract.

The cost is the same for the client, and a new contract benefits me more. I get to see feedback for an additional completed job.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
prestonhunter
Community Member

You can do either: new milestone. Or new contract.

Personally, I ask for a new contract.

The cost is the same for the client, and a new contract benefits me more. I get to see feedback for an additional completed job.

Hey Preston!

Thank you for your immediate response! Yes, I agree a new contract will benefit me more. Just making sure I was not going ro violate any UW rules.

Have a great day!

i am new in upwork and can you please tell me  what if client add milestone without discussion and will project submission date remain same ? will it effect my JSS? Thanks in advance 

Hi,
just now my client hired me for a fixed price job. But after accepting the offer, i decided to change this to milestone. The bid would be the same. For example, client hired me for a $30 fixed price job, and i accepted that. then i decided to split this into 3 milestone, $10 for each. But my client is worried about whether he have to refund or pay anything extra if we change the contract from fixed price to milestone. Could you please ensure anything about this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fahim,

This will not cause any additional expenses for the Clent. Once they're ready to release the milestone payment, they'll be presented with the option of editing the payment amount of the milestone and use the rest of funds from the Escrow for the next milestone.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey, i had a fixed price job contract & i'm working on it(yet haven't completed it). But me & my client decided to end the contract in midway for some reasons. So i want give all his money back. I mean i don't want to recieve any money. So how i can return all his money & end the contract?
I have got another question. If my client wants to pay me few for the half of work i done, then in that case how can he do that?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Fahim,

Your client can request a refund for the funds in Escrow and then close the contract. Clients can also release less funds from what is funded on your milestone. 
To do this your client will need to click on the green Pay button > Click the Pay button again > On the new window they will be able to edit the amount that will be released towards you.
If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, have been asking too many questions though. 😕 
Kindly have a look onto this screenshot. I've got 30 available connects. If i don't use any of them in this month cycle, then will it be added to the next month cycle as well?
And my second question is, it seems Upwork finally introduced paid connects system. So those who'll create new account, how'd they buy connects? I mean, obviously they've not done any job, so no money on their earning(balance) as well. So how'd they buy connects? Thanks in advance.

Hi Fahim,

Now freelancers on our basic plan won't be receiving free connects anymore. Your connects will expire in one year from the moment you`ve received/purchased them.

New freelancers can purchase more connects with a credit card and prepaid cards as well. To learn more about our new connect plan check out our resources Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths