🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Add new freelancer on Upwork to agency
Page options
krmichael25
Community Member

Add new freelancer on Upwork to agency

Hello,
I work as a Business Manager in the offline agency that wants to start working on Upwork.
I would like to know, how we can invite our developers, designers and a project manager to join the agency if their profiles are not approved upon registration? At the same time, I know that freelancer can be added to the agency only after profile approval and verification.

It looks a bit like a chicken and egg problem to me 🙂

We have gathered all necessary documents - passports, credit card details and completed profiles up to 90% or more. And still can't get started and get first projects here.

Could you tell me the process - how a freelancer profile can be approved if he or she is involved with the agency? And if it helps in any way to pass the approval faster?

Thank you,
Mikhail Kerov

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Mikhail,

One of our team members reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your agency and your team member. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mikhail,

You can invite your team members to join your team as exclusive members and work exclusively under the agency. To learn more about agency members and how it works check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,
Thank you for reply and suggestion

But that's not quite what I'm looking for - I want to know if a completely new freelancer, who didn't pass video and document verification yet, can be accepted to join Upwork if he or she is working in an offline agency a the moment (out of Upwork).

I try to help the agency as Business Manager and ask someone who was in the same situation. Not sure if that is a typical case for Upwork moderators and you can help me with that case

Hi Mikhail,

A user without an approved profile can be added as an Exclusive Agency Member in most cases. They may still need to undergo ID and other verification steps.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Mike

Agency Program Coordinator

Cheers,
Mike

Hi Mike!
Sorry, didn't check this thread in a while. I have a different question now.

My colleagues, designer and PHP developer passed ID verification (both video and documents), got their Rising Talent badges and I invited them to agency, they're all set.

But, they are not invited to Upwork yet and get this email "we are unable to accept your Upwork registration at this time" after several attempts to submit profile.

Technically they are in a team, but I can;t submit proposals for them and their profiles are not visible in search.

Could you please explain our next steps?
Thank you for the help

Hi Mikhail,

One of our team members reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your agency and your team member. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths