🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Add work history ?
Page options
mrdeveloperx1
Community Member

Add work history ?

Hello, I got a question.
I already did a job and recieved my rating and the money. But if I want to complete my profile (Add work history +30%)I don't know what to do.
What and where should I add?

Thank you for your help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Your Upwork job will automatically be added.  "Work History" is what you did  before you came to Upwork.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Your Upwork job will automatically be added.  "Work History" is what you did  before you came to Upwork.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Miguel

If you want to add your employment history to complete your profile, you can include student jobs, internships, and volunteer experience. You can also include clients and projects from your freelance career outside Upwork.  To add your work history to your profile please go to the Find Work tab, and click the Profile link, scroll down to the Employment History section and click the Add button, enter a company name, title, role, time period, and description. Click the Save button or, if you want to enter more, click the Save and Add More button. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Giving my company details will make issues??

Hi Balakrishnan,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Are you referring to sharing your company details on your profile overview? Please note that it is against Upwork's ToS to share details that include contact information on the profile overview. However, you can share that info in your proposals or cover letters. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
62d77459
Community Member

Hi, 

Why can't I find the Emoyment Tab?

Hi Natalie,

I checked and it looks like you have already added information under your Employment History section. Please know that the Work History section is where the projects you have completed through Upwork will show. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
0e653974
Community Member

Hello
I wanna ask that is there any kind of time limit to request for testimonials or I can avail my 20 request at any time that I like?
I heard from someone saying that after you submit your first request, you will be given three days to avail your remaining 19 requests...
Kindly help me

Hi Javaid,

Yes, the limit for how many Testimonial requests you can send is 20. That said, you can send more than one request at a time.

~Andrea
Upwork
b8302990
Community Member

The Plus Button is not shown here.

Hi Aleem,

Please know that your Work History is where your Upwork contracts are displayed automatically. To add information about your work experience outside of Upwork please scroll down to your Employment History.

~Andrea
Upwork
ac3f9049
Community Member

Hi, am trying to add employment history on my profile but am unable to click on the save button, what should i do? 

Hi Sharon, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share a screenshot from your end so that we can loon into this further and assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
mrdeveloperx1
Community Member

Thank you both!

Now it is clear for me! 🙂

Have a nice day!

3b048cb3
Community Member

Hi Andrea!

My first contract were displayed on work history but how can I add photos of my work (3d rendering) , they didn't appear. how to fix that ?

Thanks !

Hi Creativ,

Could you please confirm if you're referring to linking a portfolio item to your contract? If you do this a preview of the portfolio should show next to your feedback. Learn more about adding portfolio items here.

~Andrea
Upwork
3b048cb3
Community Member

Hi Andrea!

looks stupid but I thought history work item was different from portfolio item.

Thanks Andrea!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths