🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Adding Fiverr's account link(s) to portfo...
Page options
yurynmuz
Community Member

Adding Fiverr's account link(s) to portfolio

Hi UpworkTeam, I'm new here and want to try this very famous platform. I know that good reputation and reviews are very important here and it's very difficult to get the very 1st one.

(I do En-Ru translations + some extra services)

My question is: Please tell me, can I add to my portfolio section my Fiverr's profile link(s)? People will see my perfect reputation there and 5star positive reviews. I think it can help me to start here and to get the very first work.

Thank you very much in advance. Have a nice time.

Yury

11 REPLIES 11
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Please tell me, can I add to my portfolio section my Fiverr's profile link(s)?"

No.

Cheers. OK no link, but maybe I can tell there that I have good Fiverr's reputation? (screenshots etc.)

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Yury,

You can't add external contact information to your Upwork profile and that's why links to your Fiver profile isn't allowed.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Cheers Valeria. OK no link, but maybe I can tell there that I have good Fiverr's reputation? (screenshots etc.)

Without links

petra_r
Community Member

To be honest any mention of that other platform, which has a dreadful reputation among most Upwork clients and freelancers, is likely to harm your career here more than it will help it.

You'll likely be seen as a low skill, low price provider.

Just don't do it.

I would also strongly suggest you remove all references to that site from your overview

yurynmuz
Community Member

Cheers, There are absolutely different sellers, from low to very high price level. Like everywhere. And prices are different also. I got there a few big orders up to $115 per order (I'm new and very low level seller there(1)

But, may be screenshots with hidden name ?

Also I can hide Fiverr's logo maybe 🙂

Yury:

My personal, unofficial recommendation to you would be for you to post impressive portfolio items that you yourself created in your Upwork portfolio.

Whether or not those portfolio items were created for Fiverr clients or Upwork clients or elsewhere. (As long as you have permission to use them in your portfolio.)

And to not reference your Fiverr reputation or activities.

Upwork clients do not come to Upwork in order to hire Fiverr freelancers. They come here to hire Upwork freelancers.

re: "There are absolutely different sellers, from low to very high price level. Like everywhere. And prices are different also. I got there a few big orders up to $115 per order"

Yury:

Keep in mind that YOU know things about Fiverr that Upwork clients DON'T KNOW.

Your profile page on Upwork.com is an opportunity for you to market yourself to Upwork clients.

So it doesn't matter what "the truth" about Fiverr really is. It matters what Upwork clients think.

Cheers Preston, I understand. You all are right.

As I understood it's not also allowed to give this type of information in personal messages (I mean discussing work details etc.)

Hi Valeria, 

I have added link in proposal and than I realized I might did wrong then I searched about this that sending link is prohibited. But I had already did that but just once. Now what will happen or what I need to do?

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for sharing this with us. When a violation of our guidelines is committed, our Trust and Safety will reach out to you to give a gentle reminder about our ToS. Should you receive an email, you only need to respond in order to secure your account. Just be reminded that multiple violations of ToS may result in account suspension.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths