🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Adding a Milestone
Page options
jessicagoecke
Community Member

Adding a Milestone

I need to add a milestone to an active contract. I'm not seeing the +Milestone button anywhere when I'm viewing the job in the My Jobs tab. Help please!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessica, 

Once a contract is created, all future milestone creation and updates must be done by the client. Freelancers only have the option to propose milestones during the proposal/interview stage. You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessica, 

Once a contract is created, all future milestone creation and updates must be done by the client. Freelancers only have the option to propose milestones during the proposal/interview stage. You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork
iahofmann
Community Member

Hi Avery, 

Sorry, I'm a client but I don't see the "add milestone" button anywhere in my job. 
Could you please help me? 

Hi Ignacia,

You may follow these steps to create a milestone:

1. Go to Jobs  My Jobs
  2. Open the contract you wish to update
  3. Click the Add or Edit Milestones button
  4. Enter the Milestone details and click Save

Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
9a5a0435
Community Member

Hello, could you please provide a screenshot of the 'Add or Edit Milestone button - I don't see it anywhere. The text description is not useful, thank you

Hi Andrew,

I checked your account, and the contracts you have on your account are for hourly. With hourly contracts, you do not need to create milestones. Freelancers log their hours using the Upwork Time Tracker App and you can review the hours by checking their work diary. I encourage you to check this help article for more information. You might also want to check the client resources compiled here

~ Joanne
Upwork
f7a39f81
Community Member

clicking save doesn't appear to save the milestone unless you "send changes." If I forget to "send changes" they milestones I created disappear! Or are they hidden somewhere? 

This is so frustrating! I just created six milestones and saved them. I did not hit 'send changes" so all of the milestones I created are gone. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Susan, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I cannot replicate the issue, but do you mind clearing your browser's cookies to see if the problem persists? If it does, please share the Contract ID where you are trying to save the milestone to share it with the team to be investigated further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths