cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a Milestone

Jessica G Member Since: Jun 12, 2018
1 of 6

I need to add a milestone to an active contract. I'm not seeing the +Milestone button anywhere when I'm viewing the job in the My Jobs tab. Help please!

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

Hi Jessica, 

Once a contract is created, all future milestone creation and updates must be done by the client. Freelancers only have the option to propose milestones during the proposal/interview stage. You may read more about it here.

-Avery
Untitled

View solution in original post

Ignacia H Member Since: May 16, 2020
3 of 6

Hi Avery, 

Sorry, I'm a client but I don't see the "add milestone" button anywhere in my job. 
Could you please help me? 

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4 of 6

Hi Ignacia,

You may follow these steps to create a milestone:

1. Go to Jobs  My Jobs
  2. Open the contract you wish to update
  3. Click the Add or Edit Milestones button
  4. Enter the Milestone details and click Save

Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Andrew T Member Since: Jan 13, 2021
5 of 6

Hello, could you please provide a screenshot of the 'Add or Edit Milestone button - I don't see it anywhere. The text description is not useful, thank you

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
6 of 6

Hi Andrew,

I checked your account, and the contracts you have on your account are for hourly. With hourly contracts, you do not need to create milestones. Freelancers log their hours using the Upwork Time Tracker App and you can review the hours by checking their work diary. I encourage you to check this help article for more information. You might also want to check the client resources compiled here

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS