🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Adding a Suggested Certification
Page options
javiercampo
Community Member

Adding a Suggested Certification

Hi everyone, can someone please tell how I can contact Upwork to know the status of my suggested certification?  It has been about a week or a little more that I have not received a response.  I wanted to add a "TypeMaster Test Certificate", but there was no category specifically for this, so I went on and added this category and name.  Next, in the "Certification" area in my profile, there is no content displayed yet.  Should I wait for a little longer, or what is your advice, I appreciate your patience, thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Javier, 

If a certificate is not available, you should be able to click on the "Suggest certificate" link which will show up at the bottom of the Add Certification window. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 9.14.25 AM.png

While the Certification is not an available option, I would recommend that you add it as a portfolio item. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Javier, 

If a certificate is not available, you should be able to click on the "Suggest certificate" link which will show up at the bottom of the Add Certification window. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 9.14.25 AM.png

While the Certification is not an available option, I would recommend that you add it as a portfolio item. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery, thank you for replying, I appreciate it.  I will take your advice on adding my certificate as a portfolio item, and if all goes well, I'll accept it as a solution.

Thank you Avery, your recommendation was very helpful, I appreciate it.

waleed0khan
Community Member

I am trying to add my certificate but I couldn't be done. I sent an email to upwork team and they sent a process where they can verify my course. My course was "Google Digital Garage" wherein there is no option to sent details as they advised for verification except sending screenshots and certificate. I would request if you want to check and verify you may take my credintals to verify afterwords I will change it. But, I request kindly consider on it, please.

Hi Muhammad, 

Kindly follow the steps shared to you by the team through your support ticket (Ticket #28466160) so that they can review the certification you are requesting to add to your profile. It would also be best to follow up on the same ticket thread so that the team handling your case can assist you further. On my end, I will follow up with the team handling your case so that you can be assisted further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths